Kinekt seatpost

Banderboy

Region
USA
I got a Kinekt Seatpost, 420 x 25.4, and I expected it to fit right on, but it's a shade small in diameter and the seat bolt won't cinch up. Is this normal? No adapter shims were included.

Hey @Banderboy, I agree with @fooferdoggie that you may have gotten a seat post that is a tad too small (better than too large though!) I try to always include seat post diameter in my reviews, but sometimes models change a bit throughout the year... so your situation is not uncommon. Try looking at the original seatpost that came with the bike, look for a stamped measurement near the minimum insertion point lines that look like ||| about 3/4 down the seat post. Your original post may be something like 350 x 27.2, 29.8, 30.9 or something. Here's a list of the most common seatpost sizes that I see during reviews. Once you find the correct size, search Amazon for a shim that goes from 25.4 to whatever your original post was. Note that some ebikes ship with shims brand new, because they use suspension seatposts that were made by third parties. Here's an example.

All of these are in millimeters: 25.4, 27.2, 30.2, 30.9, 30.8, 31.6, 33.9, 34.9

If your seat tube was designed for 27.2mm and you got a 25.4mm post... there may not be a whole lot of room for a shim and you may need to return the post or buy a replacement, but I did find one product on Amazon that could fit. If you've been cranking on it already, the seat tube may be bent in a bit and require some effort to unbend or to force the shim down in. Whatever the case, I hope this helps and I'd love to hear how things turn out for you :D

Well, it was my error- I got a 24.5 when I should have got a 27.2. I guess I'm sending it back or getting a shim.

Well, it was my error- I got a 24.5 when I should have got a 27.2. I guess I'm sending it back or getting a shim.
Court is spot on... get the shim and you will be fine. 😉

1611370547779.png

Hey @Banderboy, I agree with @fooferdoggie that you may have gotten a seat post that is a tad too small (better than too large though!) I try to always include seat post diameter in my reviews, but sometimes models change a bit throughout the year... so your situation is not uncommon. Try looking at the original seatpost that came with the bike, look for a stamped measurement near the minimum insertion point lines that look like ||| about 3/4 down the seat post. Your original post may be something like 350 x 27.2, 29.8, 30.9 or something. Here's a list of the most common seatpost sizes that I see during reviews. Once you find the correct size, search Amazon for a shim that goes from 25.4 to whatever your original post was. Note that some ebikes ship with shims brand new, because they use suspension seatposts that were made by third parties. Here's an example.

All of these are in millimeters: 25.4, 27.2, 30.2, 30.9, 30.8, 31.6, 33.9, 34.9

If your seat tube was designed for 27.2mm and you got a 25.4mm post... there may not be a whole lot of room for a shim and you may need to return the post or buy a replacement, but I did find one product on Amazon that could fit. If you've been cranking on it already, the seat tube may be bent in a bit and require some effort to unbend or to force the shim down in. Whatever the case, I hope this helps and I'd love to hear how things turn out for you :D
my first e bike I could not get the qr to hold the post in place so I was able to put a pop can shim in. so that would work too if it is really small.

Ok, they would make me pay postage to sent the post back, so I'm just going to buy a shim. Thanks for all the replies!!!

Back