Just for fun...

ChezCheese:) said: I just read a book about Stockholm syndrome. It was pretty bad at first, but I was captivated and by the end, I kinda liked it.

What is the book? Is it about the actual incident, or the syndrome in a different context. Interesting. I have been reading all sorts of stuff. I just read one where a girl's needy mom tricks her into thinking that she has bubble boy syndrome. So, the daughter is trapped like a dependent prisoner. One of my favorite restaurants is called Stockhome.
It's a joke, PedalUma 🤭

I got a chuckle out of this sent to me from a family member recently.

Last edited:
That is really good! The best take just a moment of incongruity to reconcile. Yes, right, why couldn't he complain?
1671833925177.png
1671833958054.jpeg
1671833980554.jpeg

Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting.

Well, for example, the other day my wife and I went into town and went into a shop. We were only in there for about 5 minutes. When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.

We went up to him and said, "Come on, man, how about giving a senoir citizen a break?"

He ignored us and continued writing the ticket. I called him a Nazi turd. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tires.

So my wife called him an Ahole. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket.

This went on for about 20 minutes. The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote.

Personally, we didn't care. We came into town by ebike.

I spent months cultivating my City, now they want me to make eBikes for them. An eBike takes 7 minutes to cross town for example to do an electrical inspection, not 22 plus parking in a pick up tuck. They are committed to carbon goals but currently don't walk the talk. So, I sourced 8 bikes to convert from a local bike shop. Then the bike shop started hitting on my date. What is funny is the bikes they proposed will suck on climbs and flip over on switchbacks. Theirs will also cost three times more to maintain. Today I have a prototype in the works. We will run them side-by-side in a test. I will never disclose the name of a fleet purchaser ever again. That was a breach of trust. I am their #1 customer. The bikes they proposed have a battery up on a rear rack, that is why they flip. Who put the ballast of a sailboat on a mast?

Merry Christmas. It is a Hedberg joke. She thinks that she is his girlfriend.

A friend who sells bikes for me at her coffee shop had a sing along story time today with lots of tots and holiday music and she sold a bike to go under someone's tree. I will drop it off in an hour. Then I get to play Santa's Workshop and assemble a play wooden store for her. Her husband is not handy. Her three year-old boy wanted a doll for Christmas. Her Latin husband wouldn't allow that. But I gave the son a furry baby ET today that he loves and the dad is okay with because it is not a 'doll.' He keeps it swaddled in a towel and let some of the other parents rock it. The thing is ugly as sin.

Attachments

• foot rest.jpg
    foot rest.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 88
  • GaryFisherCargoET (2).jpg
    GaryFisherCargoET (2).jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 91
When her husband rides her bike he covers her bell with a black sock. 🤣 Kids are told of Noah's Ark in picture books with animals and this is the bell the little guy picked for mommy.
1671932852082.jpeg

I work with a gay guy and I asked him to give the rainbow back but he said it was to late. When I was a little kid my older sister loved Air Supply, the wimpiest band in the world. She had a winter vest and it had the Air Supply logo on the back with a hot air balloon with a rainbow print! And I got it as a hand me down! The older stoner kids would tease me about it, and this was way before the rainbow got reassigned. So to hold this rainbow tradition down I purchased the rainbow FoldyLock for my ebike.

I would say that about 1/3rd of my clients are gay, in what ever permutation. Pragmatically, they are social, knowing lots of people and they talk, especially when treated well. Referrals. Word of mouth. They also have more disposable income than hetro couples with kids. And tend to be more environmentally progressive which fits nicely with using eBikes as transportation, plus they appreciate artistic bikes with style over clunky internet only bikes. That said, I also like LGBTQ+ sandwiches. They are essentially a BLT but with Guac and Queso in the form of brie melted into the bacon. Here is one crosswalk in our town. The thing about symbols is their meaning is in the eye of the beholder. An ancient Hindu symbol of peace can be interpreted differently as a skinhead tat.
1672009638666.png

1672010061264.jpeg

Well, now that we've crossed that line...

Q: How did the constipated mathematician solve the problem?
A: He worked it out with a pencil.

Last edited:
Back