Jones bar and Mini step through

BTfl

I have a little over 1100 miles with the stock bars. A few days ago, got a deal on a h bar loop from Jones with the 2.5 rise 710 mm, and the bar bag. Also bought a pair of ESI chunky grips. The difference it makes riding this bike is unbelievable! It rides like a different bike in a good way! If I’d had known what a difference these would make ,I would’ve put them on sooner and had many more miles! Should be receiving the upgraded headlight from rad tomorrow, hoping it really is a lot brighter.

Jones bars work great out in the desert too...

042718 Desert Schooner 2.jpg

I put these bars on my Mini...
051418 Mojave Desert Cruiser.jpg

Jones Bikes

I had a similar experience when I put the same Jones H bars on my Pedego Platinum Interceptor. Highly recommended!

Also aren’t there different Jones bars.
I have a mini st and want to put these on.

your the 2.5 rise 710 mm work perfect ? I am also curious if it still folds up.
I will also check out your grips as I plan on changing mine.
Did your grips fit or did you have to cut them to due to the throttle

Also aren’t there different Jones bars.
I have a mini st and want to put these on.

your the 2.5 rise 710 mm work perfect ? I am also curious if it still folds up.
I will also check out your grips as I plan on changing mine.
Did your grips fit or did you have to cut them to due to the throttle
I don't know anything about ES grips but Ergon (the actual Ergon company) make grips already set for throttles, grip shifters and even Rohloff hub shifters. I have one Ergon grip or another on all of my bikes. Get the model number you're looking for on Ergon's site and you can buy any of them on Amazon. I'm using Ergon GP1 Rohloff/Nexus on my Rover. They were about $35 and fit perfectly

Usually follow up questions not directed to anyone in particular go to the original poster first, with all respects. Maybe he's not getting the New Post notice, so I'll answer since two of the last three posts partially pertain to me using Jones H-Bars.
Riding and racing thru the SoCal desert during the 70's & 80's I used wide bars for better stability while in the rough and rocks. They worked perfectly in wide open spaces but entering into forest areas made me pay better attention to the spacing, for an obviously good reason.
Jones has several models and the ones shown on my Rover are as originally purchased, but can be narrowed somewhat by trimming the handles as necessary. The bars on my Mini however, are not jones bars and were purchased from Amazon for just a few dollars. They work on the Mini just fine until you want to fold down the bars. One brake cable must necessarily be disconnected at the lever. I only made this change because I don't need to fold up the bike since I use ratcheting tie downs and load it in my pickup the same way as my dirt bikes. I would think there is a similar problem folding up a Mini wearing the Jones H-Bars.
You might want to spend some time scanning the several different types of bars available for those of us who need better leverage while reducing the load on our backs and wrists.
BTW Jones designed all his products shown in this thread so far, including the bikes, and he recently sent out notices that he is also selling his own brand of e-bike now using his own design. Very unique!

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:
Usually follow up questions not directed to anyone in particular go to the original poster first, with all respects. Maybe he's not getting the New Post notice, so I'll answer since two of the last three posts partially pertain to me using Jones H-Bars.
Riding and racing thru the SoCal desert during the 70's & 80's I used wide bars for better stability while in the rough and rocks. They worked perfectly in wide open spaces but entering into forest areas made me pay better attention to the spacing, for an obviously good reason.
Jones has several models and the ones shown on my Rover are as originally purchased, but can be narrowed somewhat by trimming the handles as necessary. The bars on my Mini however, are not jones bars and were purchased from Amazon for just a few dollars. They work on the Mini just fine until you want to fold down the bars. One brake cable must necessarily be disconnected at the lever. I only made this change because I don't need to fold up the bike since I use ratcheting tie downs and load it in my pickup the same way as my dirt bikes. I would think there is a similar problem folding up a Mini wearing the Jones H-Bars.
You might want to spend some time scanning the several different types of bars available for those of us who need better leverage while reducing the load on our backs and wrists.
BTW Jones designed everything being shown in this thread so far, including the bikes, and he recently sent out notices that he is also selling his own brand of e-bike now using his own design. Very unique!

GOOD LUCK!
Thanks so much !!

You are welcome, BGsnmky. Standard size grips fit right onto the H-Bars.

Taylor57 asked: Is that a CB radio on the back?

Nope, there is a reflector at the tip of what looks like a CB radio antenna. Used to see a lot of them in the Palm Springs area in the days when it was sheik for everyone to putt around the desert in their dune buggies. Can't do that anymore but I'm sure you are familiar with the miles and miles of sand dunes at Glamis just on the other side of the Salton Sea. The reflector helps others to see you when below the top of the rolling dunes. CB's seem to have mostly died out since the introduction of cell phones, but using a CB today might be a lot quieter then those channels used to be in times past.

Back