I've been trying to figure out what the clicking noise is coming from the crank/ motor area of 2019 Quick E+

Fauxreal

It only appears when riding. I can't duplicate it on a bike rack. It is a "click , click" sound and happens whether or not it is powered on. Very consistent and happens when the right pedal is at the 4 oclock position. Any others experience this?

If your bike is relatively new, make sure the crank arms are tight, as they will loosen up after a couple of rides. I believe it takes a 6mm Allen on the crank bolts clockwise. Don’t know the torque spec, but just make sure they’re good and tight. This eliminated the clicking noise I had. It’s a good idea to check the tightness of all bolts around the motor and handlebars after 50 miles or so depending on how rough you are with it. Hope this helps.

I had a clicking noise on my ebike, it came from the seat. Had to do with my body movement when the pedal was at the same spot. Found it when I made a move while coasting. Check every fastener you can find on the bike.

Thanks for the replies. I'll have a look at all these suggestions today. I'm pretty sure its coming from inside the motor area though and sounds as if a couple bearings or something are falling on the rotation of the crank.
It happens whether I'm applying pressure on the pedals or not, just so long as they are rotating. Anyway, weird. Eventually I'll take it in for a service and see what they say.

It only appears when riding. I can't duplicate it on a bike rack. It is a "click , click" sound and happens whether or not it is powered on. Very consistent and happens when the right pedal is at the 4 oclock position. Any others experience this?
Hi , my fathom e3 had same noise , and ended up being the motor , Giant is replacing mine with a new one , but it’s only 100ks old

I took mine in and had the shop guy take it for a ride. He heard the noise, scratched his head, messed around with various things and it was fixed. The only thing is, he doesn't know what he did to fix it.

I took mine in and had the shop guy take it for a ride. He heard the noise, scratched his head, messed around with various things and it was fixed. The only thing is, he doesn't know what he did to fix it.
Mine was the same , but after riding a few k’s it come back , it starts happening after a few k’s , have you heard noise since ? Or rid it far since ?

When I talked to shop other day , he said another bike with the same issue came in , so I’ll find out more when I get bike back

I've had this with my roade+ 1 for at least 500+ miles. I just took off both crank arms, greased them, and bolted them back on. It hasn't gone away. The bike shop did the same previously. I'm wondering if it's a bearing. It will click 1x every revolution.

I've had this with my roade+ 1 for at least 500+ miles. I just took off both crank arms, greased them, and bolted them back on. It hasn't gone away. The bike shop did the same previously. I'm wondering if it's a bearing. It will click 1x every revolution.
Well there giving me a new motor ... I’m ok with that ? don’t trust old one

I have a clicking noise that coming from the brakes. I thought it was coming from the motor so I would apply the brakes lightly (front) and the clicking would subside. It comes and goes and I think as the brake pads bed in it should get better. I thought there was something within the motor as well.

Did they specify what the issue with the motor is?

Not bad!
Ok , found out what it was , I got new engine , but it was 2 things , not engine so that’s a bonus for me ? ... the chain was stuffed in a couple of links and derailer was off , the chain links were stiff as ... every time it got to that spot in 7 8 9th gear it would grab on cassette , causing something in motor to think it’s locking up , and feels like it slips a tooth on crank , so it was chain and derailer not motor ... good to know ... rides good now

Ok , found out what it was , I got new engine , but it was 2 things , not engine so that’s a bonus for me ? ... the chain was stuffed in a couple of links and derailer was off , the chain links were stiff as ... every time it got to that spot in 7 8 9th gear it would grab on cassette , causing something in motor to think it’s locking up , and feels like it slips a tooth on crank , so it was chain and derailer not motor ... good to know ... rides good now

wow, you'd think they would check the drivetrain first? that was simple enough! glad it got sorted!

Back