CLICKING SOUND FROM MOTOR - WHEN PEDALLING AND COASTING

sigg

Region
Europe
Hi,

I have a 2020 Cube Stereo 140mm with a Bosch Performance CX motor with around 800km on it.

Today when riding a flat trail on tour mode the engine suddenly started clicking. The clicking noise definitely comes from the motor - it happens when I'm pedalling but also when I'm coasting. Happens also when the motor is turned off or when I pedal above 25km/h.

What is very weird is that the sound comes from the motor even when just the rear wheel is turning. No battery, no Kiox - every revolution there is a sound coming from the motor - the higher the speed of the wheel, the louder the noise.

I've checked and there is nothing blocking the wheel and the sound is not coming from the rear hub.

Attached is a video showing the problem.

Just watching the first video...

I thought I could see something slap the frame around the chainstay area when the tyre rotates...

It's not perfectly clear in the video but a flash of black is kind of noticeable for a fraction of a second every time the wheel rotates. Not long enough for me to be able to pause the video on it - and its harder to see when wheel spins faster, but I wonder if this is causing the slapping/clicking sound. Maybe worth checking if anything is caught in your tyre...

You might be able to see what I'm talking about below...

CLICK2.JPG
CLICK1.JPG

Back