Is This Battery Pack for Real ($106) ??

Man! Lots of 52V batteries! I’m moving back to >20Ah 36V. They are getting harder to find. 21700 soft pack from Jenny Mao in route.
Asking if Bzura builds 36V.

Thank you!
You bet. He might do 36v, but not so long ago we were conversing and he was talking about how all the momentum has gone to 72v and thats what he's swamped with building now.

Yeah kinda what I'm thinking... and correct, no balance BMS.. just over/under V protection with short circuit and high current protection.
And yes the battery stopped accepting a charge at 53V and the current flow dropped to 0. This happened with a charger and a bench top power supply.
I guess there's a chance it's just out of balance which I should be able to fix. As I said it does put out current quite well. But my money is on low voltage due to faulty cells and even if I do get it to balance it'll fall out again.
Aliexpress issued the 50% refund itself for "not as described" but wouldn't concede defective. I can't imagine that my credit card won't issue a refund as by aliexpress's own admission, it's not as described. It's a long process so 60 - 90 days for a resolution.
A quick follow-up on the LIITOKALA terd.
I did end up with a full refund from my credit card bank a few months ago..so no loss in experimenting here.
I'm still using the battery and can easily get my 25mi or less ride out of it, even in the winter cold. That said I already have a replacement in hand from Jenny Mao with Sanyo cells which will require a little fitting to the bike as it's a few mm bigger... I'll probably do it in the spring when I start riding on a daily basis again unless this terd quits completely before then.
It's a shame on the quality control and having a bad cell as the rest of the pack performs strong and other than the small charging window I don't realize the flaw much at all.

A quick follow-up on the LIITOKALA terd.
I did end up with a full refund from my credit card bank a few months ago..so no loss in experimenting here.
I'm still using the battery and can easily get my 25mi or less ride out of it, even in the winter cold. That said I already have a replacement in hand from Jenny Mao with Sanyo cells which will require a little fitting to the bike as it's a few mm bigger... I'll probably do it in the spring when I start riding on a daily basis again unless this terd quits completely before then.
It's a shame on the quality control and having a bad cell as the rest of the pack performs strong and other than the small charging window I don't realize the flaw much at all.
Curious. When you ordered for around $110, there was free shipping. Now it is around $160. You claimed to have a worthless battery, and got a full refund. So you have a 'terd' battery that cost you $0, but is perfectly useable, and you are griping about quality control? I see good battery deals, batteries that would work great for ebikes. But I won't post on this site because... Well, you know. It's hopeless...

lk 48v 15ah.png

Curious. When you ordered for around $110, there was free shipping. Now it is around $160. You claimed to have a worthless battery, and got a full refund. So you have a 'terd' battery that cost you $0, but is perfectly useable, and you are griping about quality control? I see good battery deals, batteries that would work great for ebikes. But I won't post on this site because... Well, you know. It's hopeless...

View attachment 113919
If I remember correctly it was $75 + $16 shipping +tax.
Now WTF are you talking about... It is a TERD and that is what I claimed. Battery is defective and as such it works at less than half the capacity stated and will surely fail totally and prematurely. I am complaining about quality control because the battery as received should have never been shipped by the manufacturer.
If that is acceptable to you... It's for sale @ $49

A quick update as this battery is being referenced elsewhere.
At 8 months the battery became useless.
On the last two charges it quickly ran down and started showing a 5 - 6v sag where it was 2-3v on initial use.

Lessons learned.
First and foremost... I like having a 10ah in the triangle better than 17.5ah on the rear rack enough to deal with less capacity. Being unsure if it would fit and it does just fit by millimeters, it was worth the price of admission to experiment with a low cost prototype and not end up with a quality battery costing 5x more with no use.
Second... LIITOKALA provided absolutely zero support both before and after opening a dispute and gave no argument during the dispute
Third... Aliexpress Guarantee is questionable at best. Though they did end up giving me a 50% refund.. it required more than necessary proof with multiple videos in an attempt to wear me out. Additionally since LIITOKALA gave no explanation or solution replies during the dispute which tells me that they have a back channel to communicate with Aliexpress.
Fourth... Getting the remaining refund from Citi/Mastercard also took a bit more effort than necessary... But if you insist on whether or not they cover receiving defective goods they will cover you. It was evident that Money talks to Money (Bank - Large Vendor) and that was their initial priority.

Last edited:
This came up in another forum and I thought I'd drop it here as a sort of confirmation that a problem exists to this day with this vendor.

Screenshot_20240124-104853.png

Back