Is there a frame measurement distance on Aventure2 Regular vs. Large or is it just a longer seat post

bobmcc81

Region
USA
I'm struggling with deciding the frame size to get for an Aventure 2. I'm 5'10" with a short 30" inseam.

I am not able to find a LBS with both sizes in stock to sit on.

The difference in the specs I see:

Regular is 34" Min Saddle Height
26" Standover Height

Large is 37" Min Saddle Height
28" standover Height

The standover heights lead me to believe they are two different frame sets with one having a longer seat post tube by 2"

Can anyone confirm from their shopping?

Thanks

As far as I know, the consensus is that they are the same frame with different seat post tube lengths.

Standover height is not the seat. It's the height of the top tube. The distance you can stand over the bike WITHOUT sitting on the seat. It's literally the name! Thus if the standover height is 2" shorter, the FRAME is 2" shorter, not the seat-post or post-tube.

I'm oft shocked how many people don't realize you're NOT supposed to stay on the seat of a bicycle when you come to a stop...

If in doubt, get the step through. At 90 pounds it's easier to deal with anyways when getting on/off and/or wrangling the thing.

Don't let the arbitrary nonsensical "girls bike" treating the top tube as a penis extension hobble you or your comfort.

Back