Is the Bafang motor used on the Crosscurrent line customized for Juiced?

Pretty certain the same style clutch. I think there is only one other type for bafang gear hub motors which looks different enough to not mix up. In my case the clutch internals seem to have broken & started slipping (the gear grind noise) to eventually seizing (acting like a direct drive motor).

Hey. Did you ever use the DM24 ? How did it work out?

Did it use the same spokes as the original rim?

I actually just loosely assembled it 2 days ago since the rebuilt wheel I'm using from my original CC is on the verge of failing itself. Have to see if I can manage without a wheel build stand or dishing tool on hand. A little worried the spokes I bought might be a bit too long as they already poke through the nipple slot without the wheel tensioned yet.

I tried looking at wheel build guides, but ended up assembling it to match the pictures of the spare wheel on Juice's site.

It doesn't use the same spoke length since the DM24's profile is lower then the OEM rim.

Where did you buy spokes from?

Also, i bought a rim from Juiced a week ago. But, I have no idea when they will actually mail it.

If the spokes are a huge hassle, you could by OEM rim, and then you'd know what spokes to use. My spokes are relatively new, so i'll try to re-use them.

BTW - they have rims in stock, they are around $65. They do NOT have spare rear rims in stock.

Last edited:
Since Juiced has been out of stock of rear spokes for ages I’ve been buying replacement spokes from this eBay seller. He sells silver or black Sapim Leader 12g or 13g spokes and can cut them to any length. The stock length for Cross Current rear spokes is 232mm. But if you use a different rim I guess it could impact what spoke length is required. The clutch on my rear motor started slipping at about 18k miles. They are supposed to get a shipment of rear wheels this month according to support but my backup option, if that doesn’t pan out, would be to build a replacement wheel myself.

Last edited:
Where did you buy spokes from?

Also, i bought a rim from Juiced a week ago. But, I have no idea when they will actually mail it.

If the spokes are a huge hassle, you could by OEM rim, and then you'd know what spokes to use. My spokes are relatively new, so i'll try to re-use them.

BTW - they have rims in stock, they are around $65. They do NOT have spare rear rims in stock.

I on day 3 now with the new DM24 rim & name brand spokes locally bought from Yojimbo's shop that Dunbar linked. So far the rebuild is working, but I haven't fully rechecked tension yet. The spokes were a bit long by 1 to 1.5mm, but I was still able to tension them. Just slightly concerned that some of them are flush with the inside spoke holes. Put extra tape over those ones.
20200915_114031.jpg

Since Juiced has been out of stock of rear spokes for ages I’ve been buying replacement spokes from this eBay seller. He sells silver or black Sapim Leader 12g or 13g spokes and can cut them to any length. The stock length for Cross Current rear spokes is 232mm. But if you use a different rim I guess it could impact what spoke length is required. The clutch on my rear motor started slipping at about 18k miles. They are supposed to get a shipment of rear wheels this month according to support but my backup option, if that doesn’t pan out, would be to build a replacement wheel myself.

Store closed on eBay. Dated July 2020.

I on day 3 now with the new DM24 rim & name brand spokes locally bought from Yojimbo's shop that Dunbar linked. So far the rebuild is working, but I haven't fully rechecked tension yet. The spokes were a bit long by 1 to 1.5mm, but I was still able to tension them. Just slightly concerned that some of them are flush with the inside spoke holes. Put extra tape over those ones.
View attachment 65571

This is all valuable information. Your previous post, where you said you bought the last rim of this type from Luna appears to be correct. So, I'm not sure where to buy this rim... for now.

Could you please share what length spoke you used, so we can all learn from your struggles? This stuff is not easy. And this is a challenge more of us will have.

I have purchased a duplicate rim from Juiced.... September 4. The price was reasonable---around $60. However, they have not mailed it yet. They did warn shipping may take two weeks....so just waiting.

Could you please share what length spoke you used, so we can all learn from your struggles?

13g Sapim Leader spokes 238.5 & 237.5 for the drive side. I got these lengths off a calculator, but as mentioned it ended up longer then needed.

Store closed on eBay. Dated July 2020.

This is what it says on the store link. I would not hesitate to e-mail him your order and PayPal the money. His prices are super reasonable.

“ ** July 14, 2020 UPDATE: Ebay removed my listings. Not sure of the problem. I m working with them to re-list. All standing orders are being processed and will ship soon. In the mean time- contact me directly- [email protected]”**

Last edited:
13g Sapim Leader spokes 238.5 & 237.5 for the drive side. I got these lengths off a calculator, but as mentioned it ended up longer then needed.

How did you know that you were supposed to order two different length spokes? My god. The things I don't know.

How did you know that you were supposed to order two different length spokes? My god. The things I don't know.

Online spoke length calculators. To accomodate the cassette the hub flanges are not centered with the rim so one side of spokes is more angled the the other. To have the same reach the side with more angled spokes needs to be longer.

Back