How different is the Bafang motor vs the Shengyi on the Ride1UP 700 Series?

eddy11

Region
USA
I initially wrote off the 700 series as I saw a few reviews showing it didn't have the most powerful motor and couldn't do hills the best. Though it seems those reviews are all when it was a Shengyi 750 watt. It looks like they have now switched it to a 750 Watt Bafang, though still with 60nm of torque.

Interesting on google I found this comment from someone at the company. Based on the comment it seems they are implying their 750 watt motor is actually more powerful than the 750w 80nm on the CC? (unless they gave in and are also advertising it the same)

"I hear you. We are working to make sure all our models go up to 28mph by March of 2020. We just needed to adjust our motor gearing and amp output for the controller. I just learned today from Bafang's head of sales that the Juiced CCS is actually using a Bafang 500w motor also, but they advertise it as a 750w motor simply because of the output potential. Not really a problem as that bike is fast. Anyway, we will be adding more 'punch'! I Agree with you! We will also test out an MXUS 750w hub w/ 100nm of torque. I'll see how that goes."

Remember that the motor's torque output is dependent on the controller, not the motor. If the bike manufacturer puts in a 10 amp controller the result will be gutless. You've got to cover that base when trying to figure out whats what on power output. Since the motors have been changed and the torque output stayed the same, that could be explained by the controller being the same between the two.

I have the older model with the Shengyi motor. I’m using a 25A (max) controller. 1200 watts max. Been running it like this for about a year. The motor phase wires were getting a bit hot, but that was because the phase connectors (15 amps) I was using weren’t rated for that wattage.

I live in a hilly area and have no issue on hills here. It was a bit sluggish at 18a max, but 25a is much better.

Ah that explains the performance differences , so the LMTD has 22A controller, CCX 25A, and the 700 18a. Decisions.. decisions...

Had a 60 series Bafang with 25 amp controller rated at 85 Nm it felt like it had every bit of it now for something else I had a 750 watt "Truckrun" motor on an ebike and it would literrally fly up the steepest hills, now I have been running a 500 watt motor on a full suspension bike( think its a "truckrun") its seems about as powerful as the old 750 bafang when the battery is full, bike weighs around 60#, the throttle bike I built with a 750 watt 36 volt motor seems rather anemic( no PAS-I like Pas) I believe the controller falls a little short on this one., the battery is a bit old as well, wish I could send a picture looks really nice a step thru. Will try to sell it at a loss of course.

Back