CCX log after 2 years & 15,000+ miles & melted connectors today.

$1900?

I think you're talking about CCS2, not CCX.

But anyways, I don't think Juiced is best bang for buck. Not at all, not today.

The CCS2 will give you 52V 13Ah, but Ride1Up and Aventon have 48V 14Ah, so very similar Wh rating.

They're all 28mph Class 3 commuter, and you can definitely tell that CCS2 is outdated.

Also, Ride1Up and Aventon have rear rack and fender.

On top of that, they're offering it at much lower price point.

Oh, sorry, my info isn't up to date. At least in the whole month of December the CCX (not CCS2) was $2k, reaching $1900 with that discount code. That price is now gone, after more than a month at that level, back to $2500.

$1900?

The CCS2 will give you 52V 13Ah, but Ride1Up and Aventon have 48V 14Ah, so very similar Wh rating.

They're all 28mph Class 3 commuter, and you can definitely tell that CCS2 is outdated.

The CCS2 was $1599 for a time, and has a torque sensor. But if the battery goes bad halfway thru it's life and Juiced doesn't step in to help... It's all run like it's about to go out of business, with a very short term perspective and wildly gyrating prices bound to annoy those who buy when it's high.

Future offerings from Zen and Ride1Up may demolish Juiced in the commuter hybrid segment, whereupon Juiced simply drops the CCSes.

@highpockets @youth maybe you could talk to Micah Toll at Electrek and see if he'd be interested in running an article on these issues.

Last edited:
Well I was able to swap parts from the small format CC battery & the wide format CCX battery & the bike is working again. The CC battery connector was slightly different in look & wire gauge to the CCX one, but fits ok. I just spliced the wires on the frame side & then spliced them as close to the connector as possible on the battery side. Then had to remove an inside o-ring to get enough electrical contact. I still do want oem replacements since they're wired with blade connectors on the battery side so easily swappable & I know my soldering job was bad. Juiced's reply was to say that I invalidated my warranty that technically expired anyway by opening the battery. No reply yet if they're willing or able to sell me the pre-wired connectors.

20210103_211614.jpg

Well I was able to swap parts from the small format CC battery & the wide format CCX battery & the bike is working again. The CC battery connector was slightly different in look & wire gauge to the CCX one, but fits ok. I just spliced the wires on the frame side & then spliced them as close to the connector as possible on the battery side. Then had to remove an inside o-ring to get enough electrical contact. I still do want oem replacements since they're wired with blade connectors on the battery side so easily swappable & I know my soldering job was bad. Juiced's reply was to say that I invalidated my warranty that technically expired anyway by opening the battery. No reply yet if they're willing or able to sell me the pre-wired connectors.

View attachment 76217
But you didn't open it until it failed, AND the electronics warranty only lasts a year anyway.

But you didn't open it until it failed, AND the electronics warranty only lasts a year anyway.

I can see where they're coming from if it was technically under warranty since a customer could potentially cause further unknown damage by opening the battery. The fact that they offering warranty service beyond their terms does make me wonder if they know this is an issue.

They are offerring to repair it now for a fee whereas before they just referred me to a 3rd party battery repair company.

$1900?

Having just done a lot of research, I ended up purchasing a CCX for myself and an Aventon Level for my wife, because she wanted a step-through. IMHO the CCX still represents a good value. It has more battery and power than the Aventon, better tires, comes with lighting, and most importantly for me -- a torque sensor and not just a cadence sensor. There are very few bikes with torque sensors in the CCX's price range. The other main bike I was looking at was the Priority Current, which is a superior machine but also over $1,000 richer when fully equipped.

I can see where they're coming from if it was technically under warranty since a customer could potentially cause further unknown damage by opening the battery. The fact that they offering warranty service beyond their terms does make me wonder if they know this is an issue.

They are offerring to repair it now for a fee whereas before they just referred me to a 3rd party battery repair company.

Invalidating a warranty because someone opened the case is probably illegal:

You guys are still stuck with the cheap ebikes. They only bring additional expenses and headaches. Trust me, I was on this exact road 2015-2016...Imo If i had no choice I would go with Aventon / Rad or Magnum , sell it after 6months of savings due to riding the ebike (The assumptions is that the ebike will work for the whole six months) and buy a proper ebike- Yamaha would be a great one, starts at 3k maybe 3.5k ?

My Cross Current is approaching 5 years old and 22k+ miles. If you can’t work on your own bike and source spare parts I would not recommend buying online only e-bike. Better to buy through a dealer (+ pay that premium) and let them handle the repairs for you.

My Cross Current is approaching 5 years old and 22k+ miles. If you can’t work on your own bike and source spare parts I would not recommend buying online only e-bike. Better to buy through a dealer (+ pay that premium) and let them handle the repairs for you.

All new ebikers should read and obey your message !

You guys are still stuck with the cheap ebikes. They only bring additional expenses and headaches. Trust me, I was on this exact road 2015-2016...Imo If i had no choice I would go with Aventon / Rad or Magnum , sell it after 6months of savings due to riding the ebike (The assumptions is that the ebike will work for the whole six months) and buy a proper ebike- Yamaha would be a great one, starts at 3k maybe 3.5k ?
My cheap ebike is holding up way better than my damn CCS parts bike which cost more than twice as much!!

Youth. Same thing happened to my CCS. I bought the parts from reention. The one on the frame is plug and play. You have to open the battery and solder the other connector though. Take pictures. Watch a few YouTube videos on soldering. Be careful not to arc flash, as I did! After I soldered mine I had a friend at radio shack check it out. It worked, but I ultimately bought a replacement battery on eBay and converted the ends to Anderson connectors. I use the juiced battery on a DIY recumbent. Has the juiced battery lost some of its umph yet?
My CCS is now a parts bike; lasted 3 years if you don´t count 4 mos. of down time. I would never buy
so much as a lock washer from Juiced again!

especially with someone who wants a torque sensor.
I think that Aventon\Rad/Surface or Magnum they have a much better quality and also customer service .
A few of those brands got investments of $20 million plus so now there will be a real competition amongst the budget ebikes !

ohh okay.

You said it's a parts bike, so I was wondering what would take to get your bike running again.
The spokes of the 1st run CCS were all inserted from the same side instead of alternating. With every
bump they beat against each other & wore out the spoke bores making the wheel worthless. It started with
popping one spoke, then 2, & finally popping 3 spokes at a time. I warned Tora, & subsequent CCS´s
had properly laced spokes, but getting any personal satisfaction outa Tora did not happen. I purchased
a wheel kit that plugged right in with proper stronger spokes which is still good today, but it became
impossible to keep the ´asymetrical stays´ aligned. the wheel began drifting further & further to one side
until the bike simply became unrideable. This distortion of the frame I believe began with all the popped
spokes from the 1st wheel. I basically had to replace virtually every one over time. That frame is toast.
Juiced refused to give me so much as a discount on replacing the 1st whl. The kit wheel cost half of
what they were asking & is a far better whl with 12g spokes. I paid $2700 for the CCS + 21ah bat.
The bike I´m on now cost $1200 & is stronger & better engineered. The CCS was 4 mph faster,
but couldn´t begin to climb as well as this one.

Last edited:
Which cheap ebike are you referring to?
Kudos on getting 15k out of your juiced,😉. You must have the patience of Job. I´m riding an NCM moscow,
Basically an electrified 80´s mtn bike, rugged, no frills with a German motor. NCM names all it´s bikes after
cities. The fat version is called the aspen. The plus versions have 3 more Ah(16ah), hydraulics, & a 32/11 8spd.
They´re worth the extra $300, but I´m happy with what I have. It´s a German co., with a Chinese frame, &
Japanese components,(12g spokes). The motor has tempered metal gears instead of plastic. They whine some until broken-in, but the motor just gets stronger. As far as the juiced asymmetric stays are concerned, my old
Univega had them, & similar issues that are compounded by electric power. I get better range out of the 13ah
than I ever got with the 21ah juiced.

Last edited:
Ohh okay,

Yeah every part of my Juiced has been replaced, except the motor, frame, stem and handlebar. So I feel like I'm well qualified to talk about salvaging Juiced.
When I said motor, I had to re-lace the wheel. I'll be replacing the motor soon because it's starting to make a weird noise. I could rebuild it but would rather upgrade for better one.

I had to relace mine too, but it didn´t help for long. Then again Iḿ probably considerably heavier than you.

Back