I think phone cases are getting crazy expensive

fooferdoggie

I found this at Best Buy. also the same on amazon. its a plastic case with a little nicer rubber outside with seals for the ports.
IMG_0057.jpeg

Holy crap, the Quadlock case for my iPhone was $30 and it actually performs a useful function to boot. This is wild. The Magpul cases are still around $25 and they’re damn near indestructable.

Been using Otterbox Defender since I started SmartPhones probably 10 years ago. Been $49 since day 1.

I have a current/new Galaxy A52 5G. I stop at one of those fancy phone case stores at the mall to buy a snazzy case. Look all around the store and can't find my phone. The sales guy asked if he can help me and I mention my phone, all excited that I'll get a cool case! Nope. He goes to a dark corner of the store, pulls out a box from UNDER the counter and just leaves it and walks away. I got a boring but nice black case and my wife got a gold trimmed case for hers. $15 each or 2 for $20. So is the life of boring phone owners......

I dont want a cool looking case I want one thats really grippy and protective. butte grippy part is hard.
You want a textured TPU case.

I have this one and it’s been great for the last few years, when my phone was new. This has been my only case.

It’s a single piece and is easily cleaned. It’s not soft material, so it won’t “grip” the inside of your pockets. The texture is subtle, but I quite like the pattern. It’s not very thick either, life proof and otterbox are way too bulky and expensive.

Spigen Liquid Air Armor Designed for iPhone 11 Pro Case (2019) - Matte Black https://a.co/d/gnO3Jm9

$20 up from $10 and dropped dozens of times. OK so I’m spastic but $10 did the job. “There’s a sucker born every minute.”

Mr. Foofer is sucked in by every retail overpriced knickknack available. He can sit this $90 phone case next to his $60 alan keys and brake pads.
All of which look impressive but are 99% marketing and 1% substance

Mr. Foofer is sucked in by every retail overpriced knickknack available. He can sit this $90 phone case next to his $60 alan keys and brake pads.
All of which look impressive but are 99% marketing and 1% substance
Mr foofer did not buy this case but thats for trying to insult me. see cheap stuff makes people angry.

ya slow boat from china priced got it. but since ou tried to insult me when you mistread you don't seem to be happy.
Middle of the road my friend... not buying at either end of the spectrum.
And believe me nothing on this website gets me angry... But breaking your 🏐 🏐 does add entertainment value when I'm bored. 🙃

Middle of the road my friend... not buying at either end of the spectrum.
And believe me nothing on this website gets me angry... But breaking your 🏐 🏐 does add entertainment value when I'm bored. 🙃
except you goofed and thoughtI bought the case. so its on your really.

I dont want a cool looking case I want one thats really grippy and protective. butte grippy part is hard.
Grippy case? Easy. Speck Presidio Grip case. It is a one piece, rubbery case that stretches over the phone with a ridged texture.
I have one that they threw in when I got a new phone about 3 years ago. I switched to a Speck Presidio Wallet case that holds a bank card, two credit cards and my DL. Also highly recommended. I wish they made a Grip case that held cards. The wallet case is hard plastic and not real grippy.
I never carry a wallet anymore. The Presidio is the only phone case I have bought a second time, and will buy it a third time next new phone I get. In the US the Grip might be $ 30.00.
The Wallet case is about $42.00 CDN up here. The Grip is less $. CN

Grippy case? Easy. Speck Presidio Grip case. It is a one piece, rubbery case that stretches over the phone with a ridged texture.
I have one that they threw in when I got a new phone about 3 years ago. I switched to a Speck Presidio Wallet case that holds a bank card, two credit cards and my DL. Also highly recommended. I wish they made a Grip case that held cards. The wallet case is hard plastic
used to grippy but the last one I got for the 13 was very ungrippy.

Back