I need y’alls help PLEASE

Bfry012

I will be purchasing my first e bike soon, hopefully this week if I can make up my mind. I’m looking to spend around $1500, definitely can’t spend over 2K. The 2 bikes I am considering are the Aventon Pace 500 and the Rad Rover. I do understand that the 2 bikes are totally different and I just don’t know what I should buy, which is why I write to you guys. If you know any other bikes I should consider please let me know. I will mostly use the bike on pavement however I will take it on some dirt trails as well, nothing to extreme though. I do have hills to contend with also. I will mostly be transporting the bike in the back of my truck. As a matter of fact the hills make riding a traditional bike not fun. I like the Pace 500 because of the hydraulic brakes and the weight of the bike is much lighter. I like the Rad Rover because I love the look and I feel like a fat tire bike would be a little more enjoyable to ride. I should add a couple other things. 1) LBS is not an option unfortunately. 2) I called Aventon a few times and no one ever answered, I was only able to leave a voicemail. 3) Rad Power answered first called and answered all my questions. Thank you all for any and all advice you all provide. The considerations from this community will no doubt effect the outcome.

Last edited:
I will be purchasing my first e bike soon, hopefully this week if I can make up my mind. I’m looking to spend around $1500, definitely can’t spend over 2K. The 2 bikes I am considering are the Sventon Pace 500 and the Rad Rover. I do understand that the 2 bikes are totally different and I just don’t know what I should buy, which is why I write to you guys. If you know any other bikes I should consider please let me know. I will mostly use the bike on pavement however I will take it on some dirt trails as well, nothing to extreme though. I do have hills to contend with also. I will mostly be transporting the bike in the back of my truck. As a matter of fact the hills make riding a traditional bike not fun. I like the Pace 500 because of the hydraulic brakes and the weight of the bike is much lighter. I like the Rad Rover because I love the look and I feel like a fat tire bike would be a little more enjoyable to ride. I should add a couple other things. 1) LBS is not an option unfortunately. 2) I called Aventon a few times and no one ever answered, I was only able to leave a voicemail. 3) Rad Power answered first called and answered all my questions. Thank you all for any and all advice you all provide. The considerations from this community will no doubt effect the outcome.

Were you able to test ride any of the bikes you are considering? If that’s possible for you that may help your decision.

Were you able to test ride any of the bikes you are considering? If that’s possible for you that may help your decision.
I wish I could but can not unfortunately. Can only base decision on reviews and hopefully comments here.

Who taught you grammar.

It's YOU ALL. Lol ! Not.
Wow thanks for the shade. FYI I’m from the south and it is just a saying here. I didn’t think there would be a grammar natzi correcting me. It was meant to have some fun on here, sorry if I offended you. Are you the Mikes outside of Chicago? BTW if you are I was going to make the drive to your shop to buy the Pace 500 if I went in that direction Keyword “was”

Hey, if you are considering the Rad Rover I'd take a look at M2S Bikes, I have their R750 and love it

Attachments

• River2.jpg
    River2.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 408
He might not have seen it ... but I do think his intention was humor. He's a helpful guy around here. It's a good example of how well-intentioned humor can backfire ...

Peace to you all/y'all, wherever we are from and whatever variety of English we speak! :)

He might not have seen it ... but I do think his intention was humor. He's a helpful guy around here. It's a good example of how well-intentioned humor can backfire ...

Peace to you all/y'all, wherever we are from and whatever variety of English we speak! :)
Back at you

Consider the Juiced RipCurrent, it has a torque sensor rather than just a cadence sensor on the RadRover. 65lb is heavy though, you might think to carry a motorcycle loading ramp to get it up into your truck bed.

Last edited:
It's good to have both a fat bike and a skinny mountain bike like the Aventon 500. In fact I do, but if I had to pick one for a first bike, it would be the Aventon or similar. More versatile. Buy the fat bike for your second one, and you can dedicate it to fat biking.

Buy the fat bike for your second one, and you can dedicate it to fat biking
Hey @harryS , please explain, what is "fat biking?" I see folks with fat bikes when I commute and they seem very big/heavy and noisy. What can they do that makes them special?

Hey @harryS , please explain, what is "fat biking?" I see folks with fat bikes when I commute and they seem very big/heavy and noisy. What can they do that makes them special?
I agree that knobbies are knoisy, but they can do things and take me places other bikes can't and more importantly, get me back out. The cart in the picture weighs 58 pounds empty and probably has another 40 pounds of debris in it. I pulled it about 500 feet to the road up hill over grass and Florida sugar sand....no problem. Lower the tire pressure to 5 or 10 PSI and it becomes a two wheel ATV. Love my VeeGo 750!

Attachments

• IMG_1499.JPG
    IMG_1499.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 428
  • IMG_1500.JPG
    IMG_1500.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 390
  • IMG_1501.JPG
    IMG_1501.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 379
  • IMG_9280.JPG
    IMG_9280.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 384
I will be purchasing my first e bike soon, hopefully this week if I can make up my mind. I’m looking to spend around $1500, definitely can’t spend over 2K. The 2 bikes I am considering are the Sventon Pace 500 and the Rad Rover. I do understand that the 2 bikes are totally different and I just don’t know what I should buy, which is why I write to you guys. If you know any other bikes I should consider please let me know. I will mostly use the bike on pavement however I will take it on some dirt trails as well, nothing to extreme though. I do have hills to contend with also. I will mostly be transporting the bike in the back of my truck. As a matter of fact the hills make riding a traditional bike not fun. I like the Pace 500 because of the hydraulic brakes and the weight of the bike is much lighter. I like the Rad Rover because I love the look and I feel like a fat tire bike would be a little more enjoyable to ride. I should add a couple other things. 1) LBS is not an option unfortunately. 2) I called Aventon a few times and no one ever answered, I was only able to leave a voicemail. 3) Rad Power answered first called and answered all my questions. Thank you all for any and all advice you all provide. The considerations from this community will no doubt effect the outcome.
I don't own a fat-bike, but being both a bike rider and a motorcycle rider I think they look cool! I have ridden fat-bikes and I don't think they are as efficient as a bike. There's more weight and more rolling resistance. That will lead to less range, and that's important to me.

I also load my bikes into the back of my F150 4x4. I use two Thule Insta-Gator racks. They work very well, but fat tires do not fit. The weight of a fat-bike could be an issue with loading. At 6'-2" and the truck bed floor is 3' off the ground, I can deal with my 50 lb bikes. Anything much heavier would get old fast.

I don't own a fat-bike, but being both a bike rider and a motorcycle rider I think they look cool! I have ridden fat-bikes and I don't think they are as efficient as a bike. There's more weight and more rolling resistance. That will lead to less range, and that's important to me.

I also load my bikes into the back of my F150 4x4. I use two Thule Insta-Gator racks. They work very well, but fat tires do not fit. The weight of a fat-bike could be an issue with loading. At 6'-2" and the truck bed floor is 3' off the ground, I can deal with my 50 lb bikes. Anything much heavier would get old fast.
That’s good to know I’m only 5-10 and I too have af150 4x4 that is lifted

Back