HyperFat sizing and some additional questions

Zarathustra

https://www.juicedbikes.com/collections/hype/products/hyperfat-hf1100-1?variant=12501099937815

HyperFat is up for preorder and I'm thinking this is the one I'm going to order. Fits most of the specs I want and I really wanted the HF when it was available earlier this year but arrived way late to that party.

I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone can provide some more information on:

1) It looks like you can put a rack on as I see braze ons near the seatpost. Anyone else see this?

2) I'm not sure what racing slicks they're using but do you think it would be possible to put knobbies on the bike? This is to accommodate poor weather in the winter.

3) Assuming I'm going to be throwing a thudbuster on the bike - would it make sense to order a L or XL? I'm 6'1'' - 6'2''. Mostly legs.

Any other advice?

Thank you!

I’m about 5’10” but still fit on a medium frame with Juiced Bikes. On my Haibike a large frame is a better fit. The overall geometry on the frame itself does not expand with the larger size for Juiced Bikes frames, they just go to a longer seat tube. So on my HF1000 setup I bought a 420mm Body Float to make sure I’m at the correct seat height.

If you’re 6’1” you might be somewhat inbetween Large and XL. My opinion is you’ll want a Large to accommodate a seatpost suspension as the seatpost will raise the minimum height of the seat by a couple inches compared to a non suspension seat post.

The HF series can accommodate a rear rack.

With the tires, most fatbike specific tires will fit as long as they’re 26” in diameter and at minimum 3.5” wide. They sold the original HF1000 with Kenda Juggernaut tires which were not suited for pavement riding. The tires in the video might not be true racing slicks but some version of the Vee Speedster or Origin8 Captiv8er. Those tires do have a tread pattern that would be acceptable for some wet conditions but the treads are not deep.

Back