Hydra ! My Turn

My order 1174 was November 20. It was for a Helios, with a Kindernay. I have not gotten any communication at all from Pushkar since December 2020. I tried emailing in late May but got no response. I understand there is some problem with the Helios but I have no idea what because Pushkar has not posted anything about it. Perhaps he said something on the private 'founders' forum, but I do not have access to that and he has not posted anything regarding the Helios on this site. I would just like to know what he plans to do for everyone who gave him money for a Helios.

Good for you.
People whom have gotten their Hydras are already changing parts off. I want to know if anyone has riden the Hydra like it is from WW.
6K$ + bike I'm expecting mine to be set and forget from Wattwagons. Plug and play .Ride and go anywhere. No need changed nothing.
I ordered a plain GI Joe Darth Vader black. Medium size. This one!
It will come with DVO suspension. That's where I got "set and forget " . It might be similar brand to Ohlins.
I'm just digesting all of what I read in this forum.
Hoping to receive a bike that don't need anything more than what WW have available this year.
Only thing I've changed on my bike is the grips. I had included the GP5 grips I wanted in my order but at the time my bike was ready to ship Pushkar could not get them. I didn't want to delay my bike delivery so I just took the generic grips. Later I found them from REI. Pushkar is struggling to get components so you don't always get everything you want. Verify verify verify. 👍

Cuz Vinny has customized the bejezus out of his bike ( perhaps this is what you noticed ) because he is just that kind of guy. 🤣

Reed and three other Hydras I can think of that have been pictured on this forum have had no customization after the build, or just about none. And there is nothing saying if you buy a Hydra you have to post here. (I would guess of those who aren't bike crazed enough to post, most do not alter their bikes significantly. )

Only thing I've changed on my bike is the grips. I had included the GP5 grips I wanted in my order but at the time my bike was ready to ship Pushkar could not get them. I didn't want to delay my bike delivery so I just took the generic grips. Later I found them from REI. Pushkar is struggling to get components so you don't always get everything you want. Verify verify verify. 👍

Cuz Vinny has customized the bejezus out of his bike ( perhaps this is what you noticed ) because he is just that kind of guy. 🤣
Actually it’s all @pushkar fault. I was completely happy with the bike until he put that orange suspension fork on. Then all hell broke loose. 🤣

Thank you Rome.

The s is critical I believe. As in WattWagons is different from Watt Wagon.

I did see that video one time when searching for all WattWagons videos up on YouTube. It was kind of cool. I suspect the guy didn't follow the idea through.

I should search again. Who knows what else might be added. Like the great climbing perspective vids Acme put up.

Right.

Different guy, different company than Pushkar's WattWagons.

(Actually there is no indication that he even made it into a company or business. )

I got my bike about 2 weeks ago! I've been meaning to post a photo here on a daily basis since but have been swamped at work. Anyway, it's great! Can confirm, it's fast and powerful -- on a flat road it has no problem going mid-30s, and there's a very steep hill by my house that it does ~23 mph going up, double what my Juiced bike is able to do going up that same hill!
tempImageQ6IBj0.png

I got my bike about 2 weeks ago! I've been meaning to post a photo here on a daily basis since but have been swamped at work. Anyway, it's great! Can confirm, it's fast and powerful -- on a flat road it has no problem going mid-30s, and there's a very steep hill by my house that it does ~23 mph going up, double what my Juiced bike is able to do going up that same hill!
View attachment 93973
How do you like the Kindernay?

View attachment 93973
I sent you a Private Message yesterday.

Just put in my Hydra order yesterday after a few conversations with Pushkar who was really helpful in answering my many questions before taking the plunge. Here's my build below, I can't wait to take it out on the road for a ride, hopefully in the next 2-3 months and will post a photo when i get it.

Order summary​

QBecucx7QioDauSzunY4rAd8qIZWj3lYunMsjBKt8WSGBPcfaC-c0a5Ottz-w4LqUpYjzLBhgvKVje0Yr3sVGxHd_dQyBDMfzBY0rRarsFLCrPOgyPgOzMdljthR4VWzqPBD09Vo2h0JMx97IseltJH3oQ=s0-d-e1-ft
Hydra × 1
Frame Size: S (5'2"-5'6")
Color: Matte Black
Motor: X1 2300W
Battery: Frame Integrated Only
Firmware: Harness w/2-year SW Upgrades
Throttle - PLEASE READ.: Restricted to 750W
Gearing: Kindernay
Wheelset: 27.5x3
Rims: Aluminum
Front Suspension: DVO Diamond D2
Rear Suspension: DVO Topaz T3 Air
Dropper: Manitou Jack
Saddle: Ergon SMC
Brakes: Magua MT5e
Rotors: 203mm
Grips: Protaper /Raceface
Pedals: Crankbros Stamp 1
Handlebar: Protaper Aluminum Fatbar
Tire Protection: Tannus Armor
Headlight: Magicshine E2000 (Wired)
Chargers: 5A
Warranty: 1 year (Included)

Just put in my Hydra order yesterday after a few conversations with Pushkar who was really helpful in answering my many questions before taking the plunge. Here's my build below, I can't wait to take it out on the road for a ride, hopefully in the next 2-3 months and will post a photo when i get it.

Order summary​

QBecucx7QioDauSzunY4rAd8qIZWj3lYunMsjBKt8WSGBPcfaC-c0a5Ottz-w4LqUpYjzLBhgvKVje0Yr3sVGxHd_dQyBDMfzBY0rRarsFLCrPOgyPgOzMdljthR4VWzqPBD09Vo2h0JMx97IseltJH3oQ=s0-d-e1-ft
Hydra × 1
Frame Size: S (5'2"-5'6")
Color: Matte Black
Motor: X1 2300W
Battery: Frame Integrated Only
Firmware: Harness w/2-year SW Upgrades
Throttle - PLEASE READ.: Restricted to 750W
Gearing: Kindernay
Wheelset: 27.5x3
Rims: Aluminum
Front Suspension: DVO Diamond D2
Rear Suspension: DVO Topaz T3 Air
Dropper: Manitou Jack
Saddle: Ergon SMC
Brakes: Magua MT5e
Rotors: 203mm
Grips: Protaper /Raceface
Pedals: Crankbros Stamp 1
Handlebar: Protaper Aluminum Fatbar
Tire Protection: Tannus Armor
Headlight: Magicshine E2000 (Wired)
Chargers: 5A
Warranty: 1 year (Included)
👍 👍👍

Aloha Reed Scott, I seen a Bafang motor submerged in water. Try putting studded tires on your bike and a tag line to recover it. Go on the other side. I like your photos by the way. IT look shallow.
Oh it is shallow. But parts of the concrete are literally as slick as ice. Falling over at like 3mph is not the scary thing. It's going over the down stream side of the dam. That would be catastrophic.

Slick stuff like that is one thing that really spooks me. It's like all sense of ability to stay upright can be gone at any undetermined moment. Feels like lack of all certainty.

Welcome Home Hydra!

Here is my newly arrived Hydra. The bike is equipped with a max 2300W motor, Mezzer Pro fork, Rockshox SDLX ultimate shock, MT7e brakes and Kindernay. I took it for a short ride and my first impression was how smooth and responsive the Archon X1 controller is. My other e-bike is a Frey CC and despite much effort to program the stock controller for better smoothness, I was never able to achieve what the Archon X1 can do. I will take the bike for a much longer ride and report my observations, but this will have to wait a bit because along the tradition of newly arrived Hydras, it is a rainy day today.☺️

I am grateful to Pushkar and his WW team for coming up with an e-MTB bike that is in a class by itself.

Attachments

• IMG-4046.jpg
    IMG-4046.jpg
    711 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG-4048.jpg
    IMG-4048.jpg
    714.8 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG-4049.jpg
    IMG-4049.jpg
    693 KB · Views: 249
Back