Hydra ! My Turn

Welcome Home Hydra!

Here is my newly arrived Hydra. The bike is equipped with a max 2300W motor, Mezzer Pro fork, Rockshox SDLX ultimate shock, MT7e brakes and Kindernay. I took it for a short ride and my first impression was how smooth and responsive the Archon X1 controller is. My other e-bike is a Frey CC and despite much effort to program the stock controller for better smoothness, I was never able to achieve what the Archon X1 can do. I will take the bike for a much longer ride and report my observations, but this will have to wait a bit because along the tradition of newly arrived Hydras, it is a rainy day today.☺️

I am grateful to Pushkar and his WW team for coming up with an e-MTB bike that is in a class by itself.
SUH WEEET !!! 👍 👍👍👍

Color scheme is SSSIICKKK !

NICE!!!

Your thoughts about the Archon X1 are what first attracted my attention to the WW Hydra. Can't wait to hear of your more detailed experiences.

Welcome Home Hydra!

Here is my newly arrived Hydra. The bike is equipped with a max 2300W motor, Mezzer Pro fork, Rockshox SDLX ultimate shock, MT7e brakes and Kindernay. I took it for a short ride and my first impression was how smooth and responsive the Archon X1 controller is. My other e-bike is a Frey CC and despite much effort to program the stock controller for better smoothness, I was never able to achieve what the Archon X1 can do. I will take the bike for a much longer ride and report my observations, but this will have to wait a bit because along the tradition of newly arrived Hydras, it is a rainy day today.☺️

I am grateful to Pushkar and his WW team for coming up with an e-MTB bike that is in a class by itself.
Your bike looks great! We have the same build.

Pushkar should have named the Hydra the Drought. Maybe it wouldn't have called on the rain gods to ruin our arrivals.

Welcome Home Hydra!

Congratulations and what a gorgeous bike!!! I have a similar spec ordered and would be interested in hearing your experience with range and top speed on flat roads...

Congratulations and what a gorgeous bike!!! I have a similar spec ordered and would be interested in hearing your experience with range and top speed on flat roads...
Thank you fvbruin. I took it for a short first ride of ~20 miles in between two days of rain. Still in a learning phase and I have only experimented with Eco 1, 2. My initial impression is that I had to find the right balance between the optimal Kindernay gear and the PAS level. If the gear is too low, the motor comes in and out because the applied pressure on pedals tends to be too low. That behavior was less pronounced on Eco 2 compared to Eco 1. After finding an optimal gear in Eco 2, I found myself riding with very little effort at an average speed of 25mph on a packed dirt trail with a head wind of ~10mph; I reached a max speed of ~32mph. The ride did consume about 25% of the battery capacity. In my view, the Hydra is an impressive machine. :):):)

Thank you fvbruin. I took it for a short first ride of ~20 miles in between two days of rain. Still in a learning phase and I have only experimented with Eco 1, 2. My initial impression is that I had to find the right balance between the optimal Kindernay gear and the PAS level. If the gear is too low, the motor comes in and out because the applied pressure on pedals tends to be too low. That behavior was less pronounced on Eco 2 compared to Eco 1. After finding an optimal gear in Eco 2, I found myself riding with very little effort at an average speed of 25mph on a packed dirt trail with a head wind of ~10mph; I reached a max speed of ~32mph. The ride did consume about 25% of the battery capacity. In my view, the Hydra is an impressive machine. :):):)
wow, how far did you go for that 25% battery? Also do you have unrestricted throttle option? I have mine set for 750w for throttle and thinking of maybe reducing the power to 1000w since i think 2300w is overkill for my needs, i want to prolong the motor and batteries and looking to improve range more than go anything over 30-35 mph....

wow, how far did you go for that 25% battery? Also do you have unrestricted throttle option? I have mine set for 750w for throttle and thinking of maybe reducing the power to 1000w since i think 2300w is overkill for my needs, i want to prolong the motor and batteries and looking to improve range more than go anything over 30-35 mph....
Good thinking. I ordered my Hydra with just 1000 watts and believe me, it's plenty.

I charged to 100% today with a plan to get out around sunset and take the voltage down a bit as don't like to leave even overnight at full charge. Just as I was about to go out the door the phone rang and it was a friend checking up on my hermit self. By the time I got out the door the sun was touching the hills to the west. Managed to get this pic. So racing the oncoming dark I was able to put in just 8 reckless miles up and down the hills here. Wishing I had my helmet on all the way. It only takes one 3 inch rock. I ran her hard at Eco 5 and peddling fast trying to use up some watts. Only was able to get eight miles in before it was dark enough I couldn't see the rocks clearly enough to be safe. Only got the volt meter down to 90%.

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 8.54.09 PM.png

That sounds fun Reed. And it sounds like the bike is performing well on 10% batt. Good to hear a bit about the higher assist mode.
I hadn't been riding Hydra for about ten days. I feel like I need to ride both bikes some and cycle the batteries. It was very good to get back on the 'fast' bike today. She felt so so good. I hate to do it but I have to leave Rio home to do any real riding. We always go out around sunset in these hot days and I 'run' him a couple maybe three miles. Then if I want to actually ride I have to put him up. He hates me for it but I know he'll get over it. ;)

That Cat by your bike is too shiny. If I were around that I would offer to do tasks for free just to run it. When I was younger I used to find things people needed done and have them pay the rental fee on equipment and I would make it happen.

The ride was about 20 miles. I have the same options as yours, with a restricted throttle (750W). I tried all the PAS levels in an isolated parking lot; at all SPORT levels, the acceleration is insane. I am sure you can reach a very high speed but I also noticed that I quickly reached the capacity of the highest Kinderlay gear at those PAS levels. I exclusively use my Hydra in forest trails, so I am not after speed. I just think that 2300W may come handy on very steep sections of trails.

The ride was about 20 miles. I have the same options as yours, with a restricted throttle (750W). I tried all the PAS levels in an isolated parking lot; at all SPORT levels, the acceleration is insane. I am sure you can reach a very high speed but I also noticed that I quickly reached the capacity of the highest Kinderlay gear at those PAS levels. I exclusively use my Hydra in forest trails, so I am not after speed. I just think that 2300W may come handy on very steep sections of trails.
Exactly! Forest trails and climbing ability. That's what I'm after.

Back