Hydra ! My Turn

Yes it does but I think the owner just bought the frame from WW. Probably had it painted himself.

Why is everyone going the Cerakote route? Anyone?

I wish I'd have known we could have had that type of gloss finish. That looks great.
All is not lost........You can have Paint Protection Film installed in either matte or high gloss, this film is applied to high-end sports cars to protect the paint, i'm not sure of brands in the US but here its Xpel and 3M, costs 135 UK groats for a professional to do it.

All is not lost........You can have Paint Protection Film installed in either matte or high gloss, this film is applied to high-end sports cars to protect the paint, i'm not sure of brands in the US but here its Xpel and 3M, costs 135 UK groats for a professional to do it.

I've got my entire 911 wrapped in Xpel Ultimate and it's great for a car but I'm not sure about a mtb which is likely to suffer from falls and has to always be laid down if there is nothing to lean it on.

I've got my entire 911 wrapped in Xpel Ultimate and it's great for a car but I'm not sure about a mtb which is likely to suffer from falls and has to always be laid down if there is nothing to lean it on.
It's a thing here, the company i quoted exclusively does MTBs, admittedly they are mainly pro riders bikes but it's all he does, maybe it's a weather thing or maybe terrain, we need to protect our bikes.

You know it self heals if you warm it? No scratches etc.
In real life it kind of self heals. I've had it on two previous cars and it definitely helps, but I've had rock chips that have nicked it to the point where it won't heal. Better the film than the paint though so it does a great job of protecting the paint.

Oh you boys and your pretty fancy bikes. I'll ride my hydra til it looks like an ole POS and if the frame is still all good ( like the head tube ) I'll put all new components on it, new wheels and start over again. IF I live that long. 🤠

I got some hi-tek "pro" protective film covering my chainstay too. Oh wait a minute that's gorilla tape, my bad.
tempImagez6UjLs.png

I wash my bike............ If I do maintenance or replace something it gets a rinse but otherwise I just ride it. Your guys Hydra's look sick in a good way. Congrats.

I got some hi-tek "pro" protective film covering my chainstay too. Oh wait a minute that's gorilla tape, my bad.
View attachment 96003

I wash my bike............ If I do maintenance or replace something it gets a rinse but otherwise I just ride it. Your guys Hydra's look sick in a good way. Congrats.
I notice your chain is clean as a whistle. Care to share on what you use for chain maintenance? Personally I'm on a jag testing dry lube teflon. Shifting is very nice.

Using the finish line chain lube. I do clean the chain after using most of the time and hit the cassette once a week or so. Keep the fork slider tubes clean as well as the rear shock and dropper post.

Hoping the painter got his ass in gear and bikes/frames will start shipping. I have a living room full of parts just waiting for my frame.

@pushkar any updates?

Back