Hydra ! My Turn

Yes you're right, that's why I floated the idea here. I would have been silly to ask busy Pushkar for an owners manual.
I have been taking notes when I read something useful is shared in this forum. For example in Greeno's thread, cassettes and chain are common component to R&R. Cuz Vinny recommended a steel version. On another EBR post some one recommended gorilla tape for tubeless setup. Things like that.
My current bike has been going to the Bike Shop for maintenance, they test ride it also and give feedback of its performance. It's still under warranty. Eventually I will have to do the work. I figure an owners manual would be good to have.
I just enjoy riding period.
I don't have time to be searching for a part that I'm not certain if will fit my existing component if that part needs replacing.
That's why I'm gonna make my own " owners manual". Compose of notes here and there.
By the way, I mentioned I'm making a bike shed?
That I will use to keep my bike paraphernalia. Spare parts for my bikes , fluids, cleaning kits tools for removing cassettes and crank arms things like that.
There is one more thing bugging me.
I want to buy spare tires 29x2.6 for my Hydra.
But somebody mentioned "speed rating " for bicycle tires?
I guess I'll find out what tires to order when the Hydra arrives. What ever brand WW ships the bike with. It will be rated " fit for use "for my bike.

Ahh you do realize 50km/h is 32mph. You have all commented the desire to go greater than 35mph….😂

Tour riders go incredibly fast, especially down hill (60mph?). So what do they do other than using top name tire$$, they also balance them too. Even simple speed balancing helps take out the high speed shimmy in my MTB, road and now eScooter….
-BB

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 11.42.38 PM.png

Reed, time to pony up. Please tell us more about your ride experience of your Hydra. What is FS like for you. (My wife, who has as much experience around ebikes as I do was telling me how FS was unnecessary. Then about six weeks into her ebike being down and in the shop she decided to borrow her adult son's analogue bike - FS. Ohhh....now all the sudden this is must have and best thing since sliced bread.) :)

What else do you notice about its ride and use?

Reed, time to pony up. Please tell us more about your ride experience of your Hydra. What is FS like for you. (My wife, who has as much experience around ebikes as I do was telling me how FS was unnecessary. Then about six weeks into her ebike being down and in the shop she decided to borrow her adult son's analogue bike - FS. Ohhh....now all the sudden this is must have and best thing since sliced bread.) :)

What else do you notice about its ride and use?
It all depends on where you ride. But even the best surfaces have bad spots so I believe in FS all the time for everybody. It's just better. HOWEVER ... people need to learn how to adjust their suspensions. This is a deep mystery to most people which is too bad as the info is out there and it is not rocket science.

I am of the opinion that people who can ride distance on a true hard tail must not have normal nerve endings. 🤣 Excepting roadies cause they keep half their weight on their pedals most of the time.

The Hydra continues to amaze. If I ride the Frey a couple days, when I get back on the Hydra its like going from a good ole fave horse and switching to a spirited thoroughbred with attitude. Good attitude. I've obviously gone and ruined myself for ever upgrading. I mean .... how? How could it get any better? I see no way.

Ha, that description makes my waiting almost fun again.

I am definitely not that thrilled about my hardtail, even with a Kinekt seat post.

I bookmarked your link on FS tuning before. I'll watch/read that one now. (Trying to avoid work. :) )

I can’t imagine how far this solid butt could go with full suspension, an additional bazillion miles at least.

I don’t even have my single shock set correctly lol

I am not sure I want to test ride one to find out ,what if I like it?

(My wife, who has as much experience around ebikes as I do was telling me how FS was unnecessary. Then about six weeks into her ebike being down and in the shop she decided to borrow her adult son's analogue bike - FS. Ohhh....now all the sudden this is must have and best thing since sliced bread.
Unfortunately this is the misconception I hear a lot. FS is simply on another level. Seatpost suspension brings nothing to handling, FS on the other hand significantly improves handling on rough terrain. Comfort wise, a well adjusted FS is head and shoulders above any suspension seatpost.
Suspension seatpost has its place especially for riding on pavement or mostly flat terrain.

Back