Hydra Battery Charger

Your BMS is Bluetooth capable. Download this app check all stats including state of charge etc. This is another wonderful extract that Pushkar just throws in free of charge.
Just downloaded this app and it can't even find my battery. Lol

A word of caution when using the Hydra 52V 10A charger.
After 5 months of inactivity with my Hydra, I attempted to recharge the 52V battery. I am using the 10A charger that WW provides along with the battery. Plugging the charger in the electrical outlet resulted in a large spark. I then noticed a warning in very fine letters on the charger label: "The charger must be used at least 10 minutes every 2 months to revive the capacitor". I had obviously missed that as the charger was left unused for 5 months.
The charger is now dead and unfortunately it doesn't appear to have any protective fuse, at least from the outside.

A word of caution when using the Hydra 52V 10A charger.
After 5 months of inactivity with my Hydra, I attempted to recharge the 52V battery. I am using the 10A charger that WW provides along with the battery. Plugging the charger in the electrical outlet resulted in a large spark. I then noticed a warning in very fine letters on the charger label: "The charger must be used at least 10 minutes every 2 months to revive the capacitor". I had obviously missed that as the charger was left unused for 5 months.
The charger is now dead and unfortunately it doesn't appear to have any protective fuse, at least from the outside.
Thanks for pointing that out. So dumb. Mine has a fuse on the inlet socket.
IMG_20220408_145435.jpg

(I made my own legible labels.)

After that, I would expect the inrush current limiters to fail. They're the black disks on the left of this picture. Maybe they can be upgraded.
IMG_20220408_145512~2.jpg

This charger would never receive electrical approval with these ground connections shared with the cover screws and not connected to bare metal.
IMG_20220408_145531~2.jpg

Thanks for pointing that out. So dumb. Mine has a fuse on the inlet socket.
View attachment 119240
(I made my own legible labels.)

After that, I would expect the inrush current limiters to fail. They're the black disks on the left of this picture. Maybe they can be upgraded.
View attachment 119241

This charger would never receive electrical approval with these ground connections shared with the cover screws and not connected to bare metal.
View attachment 119242
Thank you so much. I had totally missed that. I will see if it fixes the problem.

Back