How to Change the # of PAS levels on Espin Flow and Sport - Manual Attached.

peakay

Region
USA
*** EDIT - I've attached the manual here for how to to it. See attachment. A little vague, but was able to set the PAS levels to 9 on the first try. Thanks @Taylor57

My understanding is there is a way (not documented in the instruction manual) to adjust the # of PAS levels on these bikes from 5 to 9 and I'd like to experiment with that. I've done a bunch of searches and can't find the exact right way to do this.

Can anyone who has done this please describe how to do so or post a link to the correct instructions?

Attachments

• Sport display manual.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 1,259
Last edited:
If you search this forum, there is a manual listed for download that explains it.
Thank you -- I was able to use that document to make the change -- look forward to trying 9 levels of PAS when the weather warms up. I edited the first post above and attached the document there.

MODS - please close thread.

Thanks for volunteering! I'll look forward to seeing your detailed post on this soon.
Gah... I actually want to do this so I can see if there is a difference with higher PAS levels... last time I tried I got stuck on the password screen if I recall correctly.

Thank you -- I was able to use that document to make the change -- look forward to trying 9 levels of PAS when the weather warms up. I edited the first post above and attached the document there.

MODS - please close thread.
Did you make any other changes besides change the PAS levels? According to that manual, you can also change the max speed of the bike and I think how quick the PAS actually kicks in.

Did you make any other changes besides change the PAS levels? According to that manual, you can also change the max speed of the bike and I think how quick the PAS actually kicks in.
I did raise up the max speed I think, but some of the variables in the manual are not resident in the settings in the display and some are different, which unfortunately makes it a trail and error experience. I did change one variable that seemed to soften the initial spike of power, but since it didn't matchup with the manual, I put it back in fear of somehow screwing things up.

Gah... I actually want to do this so I can see if there is a difference with higher PAS levels... last time I tried I got stuck on the password screen if I recall correctly.
I think the key to getting to the extra programming options is to put in the "1919" password. That should allow you to dive into additional programming. I fiddled around with mine awhile back, but elected not to change anything. I am happy with my Sport as is for now. Planning on a 25-30 mile ride tomorrow with the boys up the Palm Springs Aerial Tram road. Pretty steep...

If you search this forum, there is a manual listed for download that explains it.
Can you share the search criteria you used to access this manual?

I think the key to getting to the extra programming options is to put in the "1919" password. That should allow you to dive into additional programming. I fiddled around with mine awhile back, but elected not to change anything. I am happy with my Sport as is for now. Planning on a 25-30 mile ride tomorrow with the boys up the Palm Springs Aerial Tram road. Pretty steep...
More detail please. Can you share the process to get to the point where you entered the password please?

More detail please. Can you share the process to get to the point where you entered the password please?
double press power button gets you into settings. then hit +/up button to cycle through individual settings until you get to PSD (password). cheers.

@Taylor57 How did that ride go? Did you make it all the way to the top? Curious.
We didn't go, but I have taken Sport up the grade before. No problem except for my quick release on the front wheel was loose at the time and almost came off while doing 40 down the hill. Could have ended really bad...

Back