How fast will your bike go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobber

Region
USA
City
The Evergreen State
I just finished putting a 1000 watt Bafang mid-drive on my Specialize Crosstrail. It has the big 17.6 amp hour 52 volt battery and the DPC-18 display which has a 60 mph limit. On a smooth road I can do about 36 mph on power alone and 39+ if I tuck. It's impressive to me but I was wondering if it's about par for this setup. Anyone got anything similar?

I just finished putting a 1000 watt Bafang mid-drive on my Specialize Crosstrail. It has the big 17.6 amp hour 52 volt battery and the DPC-18 display which has a 60 mph limit. On a smooth road I can do about 36 mph on power alone and 39+ if I tuck. It's impressive to me but I was wondering if it's about par for this setup. Anyone got anything similar?
I have a BBSHD with dual 52v batteries and the DPC-18 display. For some reason I can only get it up to 30mph with a full charge. Bike is about 80+ lbs and I am an additional 220lbs. 44t chainring. Kind of disappointed.

I got my Hydra with a 44 chainring up to 34.6 mph and backed off as didn't have enough clear room to feel at all safe. Pretty sure I could hit 40 if I pedaled like a mad man. But I'll never try it.

I have a BBSHD with dual 52v batteries and the DPC-18 display. For some reason I can only get it up to 30mph with a full charge. Bike is about 80+ lbs and I am an additional 220lbs. 44t chainring. Kind of disappointed.
If yours is a fat tire bike then that might be part of the issue. What bike is it? Did you set the top speed on your controller? Mine weighs about 58# with the rack and saddle bag and 46 tooth ring.

If yours is a fat tire bike then that might be part of the issue. What bike is it? Did you set the top speed on your controller? Mine weighs about 58# with the rack and saddle bag and 46 tooth ring.
Biktrix Juggernaut HD Duo. 26x4.8 fatties. All speed limiters have been maxed out via display or programming. The motor just feels like it runs out of power.

I've used cadence calculators to confirm the motor can spin up to 150rpm in low gears (24 mph in 4th gear = 150 crank rpm). But kick it up to 8th and I hit a wall at 30mph which ends up being around 70rpm or so.

I had a jerk come flying out of the ditch on to the multi-use trail on throttle at high speed today. He missed T-boning me by about 10'. I have no use for the high speed on throttle anything! Please keep yours on the street where it belongs.

Himiway Cruiser......speedo seems to max out at 29.6 mph, haven't seen it go higher. Plenty fast though for sidewalk surfin and driving against the flow of traffic! 😈

i have had my RX up to 33mph, maybe more? My Juggernaut HD up to 30mph and My Arial Rider W-Class will do 28mph! All three feel quick to me!

I did 50km/h down this today does that count?

20200924_174001.jpg

For some unknown reason, i had rag dolls and helicopters going through my mind, no idea why.....

Luna ludicrous BBSHD with 48T ring, can do 35 pedal assist pretty easily, 40 full throttle, probably a little faster depending on wind, tucking etc, I've gone 42, just haven't wanted to test it any faster, that's quick enough for me.

I have a 52 volt 49ah battery and BBSHD setup. I top out at 29 mph where the power drops off unless I am going up hill. That speed is just fine with me. Its a bicycle with bicycle components. Not a motorcycle. Probably not really safe with the type of helmet I have, even at 29..

Throttle only on flat I've gotten 29mph with M2S 750 rt hardtail and with heavy pedaling in highest gear I've reached 32mph. Bafang 750 hub motor bike about 65lbs, I'm 6ft 180lb.

I had a jerk come flying out of the ditch on to the multi-use trail on throttle at high speed today. He missed T-boning me by about 10'. I have no use for the high speed on throttle anything! Please keep yours on the street where it belongs.
I know better than that. My high speed runs are kept to the streets when I'm jockeying with assholes on 4 wheels for space. 35-40mph would be more helpful than the 30 I presently can hit.

On the multi-use trails, it's PAS 1 or 2 maybe 16mph max. Only passing people at or below 10mph.

I wonder how many of you posters have actually gone out there in traffic and tried to go28mph + I found out pretty quickly that its much more dangerous trying to go faster thinking that you will match traffic much better. The general driving public is on autopilot and not ready for you to be going that fast. In their subconscious peripheral vision you are going 10 mph when you are doing 40. They are not conscious of their own speed and will try to pass you in a no passing zone or pass you and cut you off, then turn right shortly after that causing you to break heavily or take the rough to the side of the road. Meanwhile that may never have been conscious of what they just did. If they encounter a head on situation in a short no passing zone the immediately whip to the right and you are dead meat.
John Q public can usually handle 20 mph but the risks to you go way up past that in traffic. I can go 28 mph in traffic but I prefer a speed that I can bail at because of the misjudgment of ordinary drivers. Too many close calls going fast. I have been forced off the road a few times at 28mph. Thank god for the fat bike.

I wonder how many of you posters have actually gone out there in traffic and tried to go28mph + I found out pretty quickly that its much more dangerous trying to go faster thinking that you will match traffic much better. The general driving public is on autopilot and not ready for you to be going that fast. In their subconscious peripheral vision you are going 10 mph when you are doing 40. They are not conscious of their own speed and will try to pass you in a no passing zone or pass you and cut you off, then turn right shortly after that causing you to break heavily or take the rough to the side of the road. Meanwhile that may never have been conscious of what they just did. If they encounter a head on situation in a short no passing zone the immediately whip to the right and you are dead meat.
John Q public can usually handle 20 mph but the risks to you go way up past that in traffic. I can go 28 mph in traffic but I prefer a speed that I can bail at because of the misjudgment of ordinary drivers. Too many close calls going fast. I have been forced off the road a few times at 28mph. Thank god for the fat bike.
Pro tip.............
Always ride against the flow of traffic so you have more time to react to distracted drivers. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back