How fast will your bike go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pro tip.............
Always ride against the flow of traffic so you have more time to react to distracted drivers. šŸ‘
Let me get this straight. Your saying ride on the opposite side of the road facing oncoming traffic. In this state you have narrow lanes, no shoulders and deep ditches.

My Allant+7 goes 35 mpg pretty consistently on the downhill coast down the biggest hill on my normal workout route. Depends on headwind.

Last edited:
It depends, how long is the hill ? What are the laws of physics again?

Once on on a road it said 40, mighty have been off a little either way ???

Pro tip.............
Always ride against the flow of traffic so you have more time to react to distracted drivers. šŸ‘
no one thing its illegal second its dangerous as all hell and cars will not see you. you have to obey traffic laws or you're a menace on a bike. talk to any bike club and get some lessons before you die.

if youā€™re going to ride 20+ on roads with traffic, take the lane, be hyper aware of cars all around you, and make sure your bike is lit up like a christmas tree. and keep in mind that a crash at those speeds is a life changing experience. i wouldnā€™t do it on a machine i didnā€™t trust implicitly and on a road i knew very well.

that said, in those conditions, i often go 40+ mph on my electric road bike, downhill, no assist.

in city traffic, using the motor and my legs, i usually keep it in the 25mph range. and i take the lane at those speeds, on roads with 25mph speed limit.

Soul Sonic Saber Pro cruiser. 42T chain ring, 48v, 750w nominal with 1100w peak and 26ā€ wheels. With me pedaling (Iā€™m at 285lbs and the bike is at 70lbs) I can get up to 33mph. Normally just riding around Iā€˜m at 14-15mph.

Yes its safer
no its not and it is illegal for a reason. bikes have to follow the same laws as cars. I have ridden over 30,000 miles on the road and the dumbest cyclists are going the wrong way they are hazardous and have gotten hit often. its even worse then running lights. cars will not see you they will turn right into you. its as bad as riding on the sidewalk. if a cop wants he would ticket you. Please stop this stupid behavior and learn to ride safely.

Riding against traffic is not only dangerous to the rider and approaching automobiles, its especially dangerous to other cyclists riding on the correct side of the road.

see when I was young I did the wrong way riding. man so stupid. when covid hit so many people started riding and so many were going the wrong way it was a hazard to me it was far worse than cars. the homeless often do it but now whole family would do it.

see when I was young I did the wrong way riding. man so stupid. when covid hit so many people started riding and so many were going the wrong way it was a hazard to me it was far worse than cars. the homeless often do it but now whole family would do it.
I did the same as a child. I think the sentiment may carry over because walking against traffic is safer. As the video shows, walking and riding are very different.

it may seem like common sense but it is not. sorry but it is cars pulling out and such that are a bigger menace. that has happened many times. but Hey I guess my hears and years of cycling on the road is nothing. 30,000 miles in the rain and at night and I am still alive. you are breaking the law period. if you choose not to get educated on how to ride you really need to sell your bike.
Ya the person using their phone and running you over is also breaking the law

I did the same as a child. I think the sentiment may carry over because walking against traffic is safer. As the video shows, walking and riding are very different.
ya or people who don't know much about riding the bike tells them. I chewed my daughter out when I saw her and her hubby and my grandchind doing it.

no your not safe your a menace to your self and others. and what what I have seen your too stubborn to learn.
No...I have learned that its safer going against the flow. Either way your no match for a car. But at least you have a chance if you see them and have time to react.

I see a lot of car drivers following that thought. Most are looking down at the cell phone in their hands.
Exactly....that's why you need to see them approaching. Just because someone made a go with the flow law doesn't mean its right!

I looked it up and riding the wrong way on the street is illegal in every state. Sidewalk laws vary by location because not all sidewalks are that busy. Actually I don't give a hooey about either, do whatever you want. Can we just get back to the original question? How fast will your bike go and I should have said on a flat smooth road (no downhill) and without pedaling? My other ebike is and Ecotric Hammer UL version 750 watts and it will do about 28. I'm selling it by the way because it's too big for me. I'm in Charleston WV.

I just finished putting a 1000 watt Bafang mid-drive on my Specialize Crosstrail. It has the big 17.6 amp hour 52 volt battery and the DPC-18 display which has a 60 mph limit. On a smooth road I can do about 36 mph on power alone and 39+ if I tuck. It's impressive to me but I was wondering if it's about par for this setup. Anyone got anything similar?

Sounds about right. My Frey CC will go around 38 flat ground throttle only. I think it is the same mid drive you have...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back