How do I raise my Haibike handlebar 2"?

DDBB

I'm guessing I need to loosen the stem, remove it and add some more spacers then reinstall the stem but I don't know what size spacers to buy or if I need to buy a new stem if the OEM stem isn't long enough to do this. It's a 2018 6.0 trekking. If anyone has raised the bars on their Haibike, I'd like to know how you did it and what size spacers to use and where to buy them, thanks.

You need a stem riser. I think there is only one size/diameter for MTB.
1541041465364.png

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat on my SDuro 6.0 - I thought I was done modding it to my liking, but since I've owned it I ALWAYS felt like I'm 2" too short on the position of the front bars. I prefer an upright riding position, so I'm now hoping this stem riser will fix my issue. Thanks for posting, Trail Cruiser !

we need to make sure the center bolt is the correct size and length, I don't know what it's called but it's the long threaded bolt that tightens from the top of the riser. I read some reviews of people who bought risers that weren't compatible because of this

we need to make sure the center bolt is the correct size and length, I don't know what it's called but it's the long threaded bolt that tightens from the top of the riser. I read some reviews of people who bought risers that weren't compatible because of this

Some people don't know the sequence of tightening and then end up with a loose steerer (I myself fell victim on it). With all installed in position, you have to first tighten the center bolt until there is no slack on the steerer tube. Then tighten the bolts of the stem riser. Once the stem riser bolt is tightened it will keep the steerer tube tight even when the center bolt is removed. Lastly, tighten the stem that holds the handle bar.

Good luck.

If anyone has raised the bars on their Haibike, I'd like to know how you did it and what size spacers to use and where to buy them, thanks.
You cannot arbitrarily add additional spacers. Your fork has already been cut to a specific size so you cannot just add additional rings on top without a stem riser like someone above has already posted.
My recommendation is to simply buy a new stem with a very large angle (like, 45° or so). That would instantly give you a height increase. Also, there are plenty of trekking handlebars with a large rise that will also give you the height increase you need (for example, NC-17 Trekking if you have an ordinary bike, and Jones H-Bar [raised] if you have a fatbike).

I put this Ergotec Swell adjustable stem on my Homage and Delight. They are available in a 100mm and 120mm version and exceed the strength rating of the stems that came on the bike.

40253001_2.jpg

Just for future reference, while the stem extender may be appropriate for many users, there's a new choice from Ergotec, the Swell-R Ahead 70: 40276701.jpg
It comes in 4 lengths (80mm to 140mm), and they are all adjustable up to a 40 degree angle. They have the highest "Safety Level" that Ergotec offers (6).

Compared to the one that Alaskan referenced upthread, these new ones have more than double the height gain, at a cost of 50% in weight (365g vs 216g). But, they combine both some height and angle adjustability in a single unit. Thanks to Alaskan for turning me on to Ergotec's products, btw.

On the videos that Timpo linked, be sure to follow the installation procedure in the second video, not the first.

The proper order is to tighten the top bolt into the fork. That squeezes everything together, which at the very least will help prevent the spacers from rattling, and should also increase strength. Then adjust wheel/handlebar alignment. Then tighten the side bolts to the proper torque.

One thing I don’t remember seeing mentioned is that you need to be aware of how much slack you have in your wires and cables. I’ve installed a number of stem risers and/or adjustable stems on ebikes, and sometimes, the wires or cables need to be extended.

I'm guessing I need to loosen the stem, remove it and add some more spacers then reinstall the stem but I don't know what size spacers to buy or if I need to buy a new stem if the OEM stem isn't long enough to do this. It's a 2018 6.0 trekking. If anyone has raised the bars on their Haibike, I'd like to know how you did it and what size spacers to use and where to buy them, thanks.

I wanted to get out of the crouched over on the bars body position on my Haibike FullFat Six. Instead of going the stem riser route, I purchased a Spank Spoon mtb bar with the 60mm rise, which gives the bar a raised height of 2.3 inches.

It really changed the character and ride feel of the bike so much, I wish I had done it sooner!

One thing I don’t remember seeing mentioned is that you need to be aware of how much slack you have in your wires and cables. I’ve installed a number of stem risers and/or adjustable stems on ebikes, and sometimes, the wires or cables need to be extended.

Great point JohnT. I exchanged the stem on my Vado to move the handle bars higher and closer. The front brake cable was too short but my lbs simply replaced it with a longer one.

I'm in the same boat on my SDuro 6.0 - I thought I was done modding it to my liking, but since I've owned it I ALWAYS felt like I'm 2" too short on the position of the front bars. I prefer an upright riding position, so I'm now hoping this stem riser will fix my issue. Thanks for posting, Trail Cruiser !

I use a combo of 5 spacers with an adjustable stem set @ 60 degrees to raise the bars up and towards me. I also like an upright riding position. I think I may still need to dial it in a bit more to get the sweet spot perfect. Good Luck!

I just installed a 35 degree stem to replace the 12 degree oem one on my haibike sduro 6.0. It's already helping my lower back and is the best $20 I've spent in a long while.

I was considering an adjustable one, but was guided against it by a mechanic at the LBS.

Some people don't know the sequence of tightening and then end up with a loose steerer (I myself fell victim on it). With all installed in position, you have to first tighten the center bolt until there is no slack on the steerer tube. Then tighten the bolts of the stem riser. Once the stem riser bolt is tightened it will keep the steerer tube tight even when the center bolt is removed. Lastly, tighten the stem that holds the handle bar.

Good luck.
I just didn't want to mess with it for that very reason. I swapped in 5" riser bars. Wasn't that hard & I get a better angle.

Back