Omega handlebar height adjustment

anndurango

Region
USA
Just rec'd my Omega and assembled it. I want to lower the handlebar height. I searched the Evelo website but can't find any instructions on this. Do you just remove the handlebars from the stem cradle, loosen the stem side bolts, remove the main stem bolt, and pull the stem out so that you can remove some or all of the spacers? Then reinstall the stem (sans removed spacers)? Are there any particular tricks or issues to doing this?

You'd better contact Evelo on this one. I'm not sure that adjustment is possible with the standard stem. I've always thought that Evelo should have gone with the adjustable type for versatility. You can find dozens of these on Amazon in the 20 dollar range.
Adjustable stems

You'd better contact Evelo on this one. I'm not sure that adjustment is possible with the standard stem. I've always thought that Evelo should have gone with the adjustable type for versatility. You can find dozens of these on Amazon in the 20 dollar range.
Adjustable stems
KnobbyGuy: thanks for your response. I did contact Evelo, and they said the best option would probably be to replace the stem with one that has a shorter rise. My Omega arrived with a front brake rotor that was slightly warped, and I had to pay a LBS to true it up. Evelo therefore sent me a new stem with a shorter rise for free. I'll install it as soon as it arrives. As usual, Evelo customer service is STELLAR.

Back