How do I Carry xtra bat. On an St2s??

I got an extra battery for my St2s. I wanted to go non-stop 132 miles. Does anyone have ideas on carrying this 11lb bar. I currently have a seatpost Transit rear rack. But it is not flat. It will support 22lbs. I did try putting the battery in its padded box on the rack, with my trunk bag on top, but there's got to be a better idea. . . So much battery, such little space.
Thanks in advance

If use Ortleib bags, classic roll up or City , same bags different closing latches. Put a liner in the bag where the battery rests on the bottom.. Since you can load a battery in each , make the weight even, get a 3rd and go level 3 the whole way ;)

I got an extra battery for my St2s. I wanted to go non-stop 132 miles. Does anyone have ideas on carrying this 11lb bar. I currently have a seatpost Transit rear rack. But it is not flat. It will support 22lbs. I did try putting the battery in its padded box on the rack, with my trunk bag on top, but there's got to be a better idea. . . So much battery, such little space.
Thanks in advance

You'll want to ditch the seatpost-mounted rack and install the Racktime rack that comes with the ST2 (assuming it will fit the ST2s). Then fit a pannier bag and place the battery (with some padding) into the pannier bag, and you're good to go.

Having sutch a nice bike, you might consider a "custom"-solution: If you mount a solid luggage-rack, like the original Racktime-solution; you could have a custom bracket made; which can be mounted to the rack. This bracket could be in form of a thin steel tube which the battery could slide into, or a cryb which the battery can rest on; fastened to the cryb with some straps.
This way; the battery would be more balanced and "aerodynamic.

if you are going custom , could it be installed anywhere in the triangle for best weight distribution?

if you are going custom , could it be installed anywhere in the triangle for best weight distribution?
Many possibilites. But I believe a simple and easily detachable solution would be preferable.

Perhaps cushioning the battery; and hang it under the top-tube wit some straps would be a easy and practic solution ?

Back