Himiway fat tire seat

Ellierides

I just got my Himiway Fat tire step thru and want to change the seat out to something bigger and more cush. Has anyone done this and can advise where or what I can buy? I have an electra Townie and the seat stem is smaller so I can use that seat which I love

The proper forum for this question is parts & accessories.
What diameter is the seatpost? Is there a seatpost? If a 9/16" diameter seatpost at the top, then you have a choice of hundreds of other seats. cloud9 is one brand.
If the seat is supported by 2 horizontal rails about 5/16" diameter on a non-standard diameter shaft, as my yuba bike, you are limited to brooks seats and selle. As far as I know. My brooks seat was too narrow. I bought my selle royale respiro seat at modernbike.com. It looked good, but was too hard. I'm using a mesinger leather seat with 2 springs in the back, I found on a $15 bike at Salvation Army.

Nearly every seat has the two mounting bars under it. You just need to mount at the bars and not the seat post adapter.

Nearly every seat has the two mounting bars under it. You just need to mount at the bars and not the seat post adapter.
I had about 8 seats that didn't have brooks/yuba spaced bars before the burglar took them all. The brooks did. So that is about 12% of seats I've seen that have two parallel bars. Most of the seats had a stamped steel angle supporting the clamp.

Last edited:
I just got my Himiway Fat tire step thru and want to change the seat out to something bigger and more cush. Has anyone done this and can advise where or what I can buy? I have an electra Townie and the seat stem is smaller so I can use that seat which I love
I just got my Himiway and realized quickly I needed a different seat. I had recently purchased a big ass seat for my old bike and was very happy with my choice. I removed it from the post on my Gary Fisher bike and easily placed it on the Himiway “Beast” seat post. The seat is made by SURFAS. They have a 90 day comfort warranty I believe. This one was about $70 and they have different sizes and seat materials. I just went for the biggest. I’m not necessarily a big guy, I just thought, go big or go home. I think it looks great on the bike. The Himiway’s stock seat has a handle on the back, but the SURFAS seat is big and has a very deep grip, so I don’t miss not having a handle.
91996743-9528-4053-A719-B601DDBD9C0D.jpeg
9643B399-1901-45AF-BC9F-9FFEF1A0E0C4.jpeg

Last edited:
At a local bike shop. Just came back from a 15 mile ride and did 15 miles a few days before. Absolutely no numbness anywhere.

Reviews say it wont fit a regular seat base , they say the rails are too wide . How did you mount yours ?

The same thing I have . I'll order it though Amazon and if it doesn't fit they'll take it back . Thanks again .

I guess if I were researching seats (saddles) like you are doing, I would certainly be questioning the same thing. But if your seat post has the same clamp hardware that I have, and I’m sure it does, you will have no issue. You actually don’t have to loosen the clamp all the way, do it just enough to take original seat off and put the new one in its place. Easy! Oh btw, the screw goes towards the back of the seat.

I have two Serfas seats on my ebikes, amongst a collection of Brooks, Selle, and various stock branded ones, and I'm a convert. Love them both.

One is the Serfas Super Cruiser - Massive, ultra-comfy, built like a tank.

The other is the Serfas E-Gel Cruiser and it's awesome as well. A little more practical for mixed use maybe due to the large-but-not-obscene size.

I did see the first one (CRS-1) at another bike shop after I bought and installed my EX-RX. I thought, that it might be even cushier and perhaps even larger? But I also think that fabric on the seat of the (CRS-1) would absorb moisture especially if it got rained on. So I have regerts in my choice.

I did see the first one (CRS-1) at another bike shop after I bought and installed my EX-RX. I thought, that it might be even cushier and perhaps even larger? But I also think that fabric on the seat of the (CRS-1) would absorb moisture especially if it got rained on. So I have regerts in my choice.
You can get most of the Serfas line in either the lycra breathable cover, or a waterproof cover. The lycra is so much nicer in the hot weather as it wicks away the sweat and keeps your butt dry, but the waterproof ones are certainly nice if you ride a lot in the rain. I just use the elastic waterproof covers for those days.

Reactions: SYL
Well I ordered that seat and after a week I got a notice saying it was back ordered . No thanks , I cancelled it . Still looking .

Back