Higher capacity batteries from Reention

Assuming the controller does support 52V batteries if used what result could I expect? More speeds? Wrong battery level readings?

Current 48V batteries give 54+v when fully charged, so I am assuming 52V batteries will give even more (58+?). Don't know it that would be too much... Battery readings will be wrong for sure, but if you don't burn the controller, you will have more power for longer trips.

I bought this battery almost one year ago:

It works perfectly. Lasts a lot longer and fits perfectly on my moscow+ 48v.
When I bought it they did not show the ncm moscow picture, so I had to research and ask a lot to be sure it would work xD

Cheers!
Hi, could you tell me what type of connector you ordered for the battery as they offer a few different ones, thanks.

can you remember what connector you asked to have put on it
Connector for the battery? The Dorado+ case is valid for the ncm moscow (plus), you don't have to choose a connector. You need to specify the connector only for the charger, and that is a DC connector.

Connector for the battery? The Dorado+ case is valid for the ncm moscow (plus), you don't have to choose a connector. You need to specify the connector only for the charger, and that is a DC connector.
Thanks, they say you get a new key lock part, it is that bit that comes with a choice of connectors. So the replacement battery should fit onto original lock/power connection.

Thanks, they say you get a new key lock part, it is that bit that comes with a choice of connectors. So the replacement battery should fit onto original lock/power connection.
That's it... no need to replace the lock mechanism, it is just a plug and play replacement :D

Reactions: RJC
Really? Where should you buy it if not directly from the bike manufacturer?
And why would the manufacturer sell something that can degrade performance?

Anyway don't you think these battery packs in general have a poor cycles rating?
It says that after 500 cycles the capacity will be above 60%. That's kind of poor for lithium cells.
Sandro, the battery manufacturer is not the bike manufacturer. My concern is that NCM is named for a battery technology that is apparently absent from these cheaper brands... I'm seeing normal lithium ion cells, and I thought the big deal here was that lithium nickel cobalt manganese batteries were better...

Last edited:
Assuming the controller does support 52V batteries if used what result could I expect? More speeds? Wrong battery level readings?
I think the higher voltage will give you higher potential speed on PAS, and it will take longer to reach the voltage at which the controller shuts down further assist.

Sandro, the battery manufacturer is not the bike manufacturer. My concern is that NCM is named for a battery technology that is apparently absent from these cheaper brands... I'm seeing normal lithium ion cells, and I thought the big deal here was that lithium nickel cobalt manganese batteries were better...
I see, I actually never thought about it before (funny because I own an EV with NMC batteries and read a lot about them :D). I thought it was some kind of German acronym :p

NCM does of course features this lithium batteries (https://www.leoncycle.com.au/dehawk-i5-battery-48v-for-ncm-moscow-milano-venice), the cheaper alternatives I'm not so sure.

lol I have been doing mad research as I've just purchased my Moscow Plus and wanted to ensure I got the best bang for my buck. As far as brand names go, NCM is represented in chemistry as
LiNiMnCoO2 and it has advantages over other lithium ion formulations, like higher energy density, lower heat generation, and potentially longer battery life... Less certain is whether replacement batteries from China are using these more expensive cells, or the run of the mill cheaper and less efficient cells to build their battery packs.

Back