High Capacity 48V 32AH Silver Fish Lithium Ion Electric Bike Battery for ecotric hammer

dhealys

this is my first post, and first would like to give a big thumbs to "Court" for creating this electric bike community forum. I just recently bought
an ECOTRIC hammer, while im satisified with the bike, I need to make some modifications to bike as does not quite meet my needs.
bike is very powerful, great entry level bike for ebike newbies like myself. I have had to replace the tyres, as they got punctured on first day with Schwalbe, Jumbo Jim , Snakeskin, these are expensive but worth the extra few dollars, they are also tubeless, best tubes on market for these bikes if you like rolling resistance and like to avoid punctures. anyway, im looking a getting an spare battery, as I live in los angeles and the distance are huge from place to place. I need to a battery that can do 3o miles on a current run. the most I can get out of my current battery is 25 miles on pas 2. I was looking on internet for replacement battery and found an 48v 32ah and 48v 20ah. I was wondering does anybody know what the maximum amp I can go too on theses bike, will these amps blow my controller, if I try and install these. ive been talking to another member called "harry' here and he has provided me with plenty of advice on education on these types of things. would love to hear anybody else input.

The Ah rating of the battery has no relevance what so ever for compatibility on your bike. "anybody know what the maximum amp I can go too on theses bike..." this question makes no sense, but suffice to say there is no limit on the Ah capacity of a battery that you can use if it will physically fit in your bike and is the correct voltage.

A 48V 30Ah is a pretty large capacity battery, I guessing it does not use 18660 or 21700 Cylindrical cells, but probably uses Li-Pol type of cells (or the capacity is just a lie).

I recommend you just buy a second battery, and carry it in your back pack and swap them when needed. If it is not easy to swap batteries on your bike, then you need to learn a bit more about batteries, until you don't have to ask basic questions anymore, and then get a different battery.

thanks for your reply and by the way im just learner like everybody else, no need for your sarcastic comments this is not what this forum is about. yep I admit I know nothing about ebike, that's why im on this forum to learn and get enough information so im not making stupdi choices?

thanks for your reply and by the way im just learner like everybody else, no need for your sarcastic comments this is not what this forum is about. yep I admit I know nothing about ebike, that's why im on this forum to learn and get enough information so im not making stupdi choices?
OK Sorry I apologize, I over reacted. Other places might be better to learn about batteries. Or look here for someone that has upgraded your bike and can give you product suggestions. Batteries are a complex topic, and they can be dangerous.

this is my first post, and first would like to give a big thumbs to "Court" for creating this electric bike community forum. I just recently bought
an ECOTRIC hammer, while im satisified with the bike, I need to make some modifications to bike as does not quite meet my needs.
bike is very powerful, great entry level bike for ebike newbies like myself. I have had to replace the tyres, as they got punctured on first day with Schwalbe, Jumbo Jim , Snakeskin, these are expensive but worth the extra few dollars, they are also tubeless, best tubes on market for these bikes if you like rolling resistance and like to avoid punctures. anyway, im looking a getting an spare battery, as I live in los angeles and the distance are huge from place to place. I need to a battery that can do 3o miles on a current run. the most I can get out of my current battery is 25 miles on pas 2. I was looking on internet for replacement battery and found an 48v 32ah and 48v 20ah. I was wondering does anybody know what the maximum amp I can go too on theses bike, will these amps blow my controller, if I try and install these. ive been talking to another member called "harry' here and he has provided me with plenty of advice on education on these types of things. would love to hear anybody else input.
I think your pretty safe with harry's advice very knowledgable about ebikes

This is a link to a post I put in a ecotric facebook group yesterday

Also
I understand your confusion around the battery
When you see ah thats amp hours which is used in relation to battery capacity
amps is generally used to in relation to how much power a battery can put out

Mika toll has some good videos that explain batteries on youtube

I am not giving advice as I am just learning but have appreciated info from here and elsewhere on the upgrading of the battery for my Ecotric Hammer from a 12.5 Ah battery to a 20 Ah battery (the max I could find). I needed more range and Amp Hours seems to be the only way. I couldn't find anything else but: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805754881301.html (the B (430mm) 48V 20Ah version). I took a chance and it arrived in less than a month. It came with a little different guide rail, base, and plug. After charging (I needed a two pin to us standard converter: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P2HT2N7) and after a little adjusting to get base, rail, lock pin, etc. aligned it worked. So far the results look good. We'll see.

Attachments

• AliExpress48V20Ah430mmSilverfish.png
    AliExpress48V20Ah430mmSilverfish.png
    368.4 KB · Views: 46
From the FWIW department:
Cyrusher had a 50% off sale for batteries so I picked one up for my Kommoda. It arrived with a tag attached to it warning never to use it with a voltage converter plug. Fire hazard, I guess.
As said, FWIW.

Thanks. It seems one does have to be careful with lithium ion batteries and voltage seems a key. My above link, in my understanding, is just a plug (not voltage) converter. The battery charger spec says input is AC100v-240v @ 2A. The old charger for the old battery had input AC120 2.0A. The battery charges without generating any heat on either device. Unless I am missing something this should be fundamentally OK as I am using it.

I checked out the Cyursher site but I don't see anything that would fit my Hammer though 50% would be worth looking for at for a similar class battery.

I appreciate the heads up and any further related input.

You bought a battery for something like an Aventon? I believe that's just the standard warning to use the charger that came with the battery. You can't go wrong with doing that.

If you have a good understanding of power, know the max safe charge rate for your battery, and the power rating of the connectors, then you can go your own way, It's my opinion that batteries with plastic cases shouldn't be charged higher than 2 amps, Connectors may start melting the plastic at 4A,

Back