My Ecotric Bike Experience After 1 Year

I had the flat tire problem. 11 miles and 2 flats.
Turned out to be the holes for the spokes weren't deburred on the rim.
I bought the cloth rim tape and heavy duty tubes and deburred the rims.
No more flats and Ecotric paid for all my supplies.
Haven't had any issues with the fuses.
Can someone post a link to the actual fuse needed so I have it as a spare?
Where is it located?

The fuse size depends on the bike and battery size. Mine is the Seagull 1000w. The fuse holder is next to the charging port on the battery. It takes a mini 30 amp, 250 volt fuse. I carry extras with me. Just unscrew the rubber cover and the fuse is sitting inside of it. Electricscooterparts.com has them. Ecotric does not nor does anyone else. It must be Slow Blow not fast.

Mine is the seagull 1000 watt too.
Have 2 of them. Other than the flat tire problem the only other thing is the brake light doesn't work on one of the batteries.
I figured this thread was about that bike in particular.

Mine is the seagull 1000 watt too.
Have 2 of them. Other than the flat tire problem the only other thing is the brake light doesn't work on one of the batteries.
I figured this thread was about that bike in particular.
Did you find the fuse on the battery? Unless they have a different battery since last year, it should be right next to the charging port. The tires they come with suck. I blew them one after another on thorns! I tried liners and they still went flat. I finally broke down and got flat resistant Schwalbe's. Big Bens. These things are so comfy and no flats at all over a year year now. I still carry Slime and co2 just in case but don't think I'll ever need it. I'll ride on these for a couple years and then just get new ones. Under $100.00 for 2. So worth it.

The bikes are at the cabin. I'll check the fuse next week.
Thanks for the tire recommendation.
Bought ours may 2020 so not sure if they have the same tires. Haven't had problems with the tires.
The inside of the tube would get a hole from the burrs on the spoke holes. Deburred them and got cloth rim tape and goodyear heavy duty tubes and no more flats.
I sent pictures to Ecotric and even though tubes and tires aren't covered under warranty they reimbursed me for all my parts.

The bikes are at the cabin. I'll check the fuse next week.
Thanks for the tire recommendation.
Bought ours may 2020 so not sure if they have the same tires. Haven't had problems with the tires.
The inside of the tube would get a hole from the burrs on the spoke holes. Deburred them and got cloth rim tape and goodyear heavy duty tubes and no more flats.
I sent pictures to Ecotric and even though tubes and tires aren't covered under warranty they reimbursed me for all my parts.
I don't know about you but I have nightmares about trying to fix the rear tire on this beast when it goes flat. I simply let the shop do it. But, since I got these tires I have no worries. They run over anything, and just keep on going. Double lined kevlar type liners in them, very thick, and near impossible to punture. Very little extra weight and maximum reduced stress on my 30 mile trips into the woods. These bikes are pretty cheap for what you get so they saved with cheap tires. I also had the controller and battery die, which they sent me new ones. You really need to carry an extra fuse or two. It can ruin your day trying to peddle these bikes home over hills sans power-lol

Yes the rear tire can be a bit tricky getting it put back in to the right slots but it's not too bad a deal.
I did find the fuse.
Ecotric did say the 10A and 30A are $30
Scooterbikes is out of the fuses for now.
And it's a very special fuse. I gave up searching lol

The fuse on my Seagull battery is 30 amp 250 volt, slow blow ceramic. Don't buy this fuse from Ecotric as they will send you the wrong size 30 amp fuse. Not to mention that $30.00 for 2 fuses is a complete ripoff! These fuses are about a buck a piece. They sent me the wrong size twice! It has to be the mini size fuse to fit, and they kept sending me the longer version, which won't. Electricscooterparts.com made a special order for me to get these fuses in stock. The only disfference is they have the glass type and not the ceramic. Other than that it's the same fuse. I carry a few on my bike for emergencies. You might ask them again for this one. My next battery will be from FTHPower. All their batteries are made in the US and use nothing but LG or Samsung parts. Not China junk like the ones that come with these bikes. The price is about the same and the quality and warranty much better. I'm sure they also have the right fuses in stock.

That 30 amp fuse in ceramic is impossible to find.
Waiting to hear back from one more manufacturer.
I don't care if it even has the pigtails and i cut them off.
Why would someone build a battery with such a specialized fuse?

Last edited:
That 30 amp fuse in ceramic is impossible to find.
Waiting to hear back from one more manufacturer.
I don't care if it even has the pigtails and i cut them off.
Why would someone build a battery with such a specialized fuse?
Makes no sense. That's why I got the same fuse but in glass from Electricscooterparts.com. It's slow blow like the other just not ceramic. There is no fire hazard, but may not last as long as the ceramic. Long enough to get me home anyway.

Never heard from the other site so I ordered 4 of the glass fuses from scooterparts, $10 shipped
Ecotric said there was a 10 amp fuse in their $$$kit.
Is there a fuse by the controller?
Hope I never need them but now I have them lol

Never heard from the other site so I ordered 4 of the glass fuses from scooterparts, $10 shipped
Ecotric said there was a 10 amp fuse in their $$$kit.
Is there a fuse by the controller?
Hope I never need them but now I have them lol
Good, and no Ecotric sends the wrong fuses for the Seagull. There but one fuse on the bike. The battery fuse. They did it to me twice. I had to actually send them photos of the fuse I needed and they said they had none. wtf? How can you sell a battery without fuses for backup. So, those 3 glass mini slow blow 30 amp-250 v. fuses you ordered are the right ones, but just not in ceramic. They will work. Your good to go! Just know that in the first year of my Seagull they had to send me a new battery and controller! They skimp on the electrics and buy Chinese parts rather than the much better Korean, Samsung, and Lg.

Back