Hi, I'm Beautiful Bike, Ronnie.

Beautiful Bike

Region
USA
Just call me Ronnie, username Beautiful Bike; it's nice to meet all of y'all's acquaintances.
I just bought a used Gotcha eBike, a bluish green I think, I need cataract surgery so I don't trust my color perception. ;)

I have to leave the house now, but I'll be back a little later. :)

I've never heard of Gotcha ebike until today. Did you buy the bike from the ride share company? Color looks like teal blue or turquoise to me.

Enjoy the ride!

Haha, those are ride share, you're not supposed to take them home! lol (Just kidding of course)

I think I would call that Aqua.

And welcome aboard! :)

Thanks, J. R. and theemartymac!

To be honest I'm thinking I might have bought a hot bike, I plan on contacting the police to check it out. I'd be very happy to get it back to the rightful owner. I wasn't suspicious until after I bought it for everything in my wallet, which was $50.

I had desired an eBike for a while, did a lot of looking around online and decided not to get one. Then I pulled into a convenience store a met a desperate man who needed to get back home two Parishes away, yes Louisiana has some Napoleonic Laws and the old Catholic Parishes left over from when the French owned the Louisiana Territory.

I should have had more wisdom than that, but I had longed for an eBike and it must have clouded my judgement.

I didn't know that he had unlocked it, turning the lights on and like a noob I didn't want to drain the battery over night. Like a complete noob I found out that the cable housed in the basket wasn't for charging but that it secured my front tire from turning. I'll have to get use to the basket, a little too girlish, you. know what I mean, ;)

I can figure out how to open the battery cover at this point and where is the serial number is. Thanks for your help.

Chat later.

They say everything is beautiful in someone's eyes - If you're color blind and your vision is a little fuzzy, you've probably got lots more 'beautiful things' in your life than I do in mine 🤣

Don

They say everything is beautiful in someone's eyes - If you're color blind and your vision is a little fuzzy, you've probably got lots more 'beautiful things' in your life than I do in mine 🤣

Don
Hi! thanks for replying, I just got back home from my first Cataract surgery, so I'm not going to be online much right now. Thanks for welcoming me, Don.

Can anyone please tell me how to open the black battery cover? IMG_0224.JPG

Can anyone please tell me how to open the black battery cover?View attachment 89407
You're probably out of luck getting help here, as that bike is proprietary to Gotcha.

("Gotcha"), a subsidiary of Last Mile Holdings Ltd. ("MILE") (TSXV: MILE) (OTC: AZNVF), announced today the launch of its all-new fleet of e-bikes. The newly redesigned bikes use proprietary elements to offer a more comfortable ride, smoother electric motor and longer battery life.
The improved electric pedal-assist bike has an updated frame for a more comfortable riding position and overall experience. The airless tires better absorb potholes and bumps to create a smoother, easier ride.
Gotcha Mobility (CNW Group/Last Mile Holdings Ltd.)
Gotcha Mobility (CNW Group/Last Mile Holdings Ltd.)

The upgraded electric motor, manufactured by ANANDA, provides a more natural-feeling pedal-assist and a longer battery life. Riders can go longer distances with more leisurely rides thanks to the updated battery. The longer battery life reduces operational costs by requiring fewer trips to the warehouse for charging. The swappable battery allows Gotcha's fleet team to change batteries at hubs in each market, keeping more bikes on the road with on-the-fly maintenance.

This looks like the system Gotcha incorporated into their proprietary frames.

The only way to be sure is to contact Gotcha and Ananda. You might want to contact Gotcha anyway to find out if its stolen. The bike is very recognizable and buying stolen goods is actually a crime. I couldn't find any history of Gotcha selling their used bikes. Looks to be stolen.

Good luck.

Thanks for your replies, I will call the police when I got some free time.
If you wait until you 'get some free time' you could end up doing time ! I'd call the police immediately.

Also you wrote. "I wasn't suspicious until after I bought it for everything in my wallet, which was $50.... $50 !!!
If that doesn't say it's a stolen bike I don't know what does. I'd think through how you're going to explain this
to the Police. One look at the bike and I suspect they are going to discuss with you receiving / buying stolen property.
You can't buy a Huffy for $50. Good luck.

Anybody think this sounds like a troll?
A troll ? I don't think so. I've been a member of EBR approaching four years. Please check my many comments. I stand by what I've written.
Based on the information the poster provided, anyone with basic common sense would consider the Gotcha Bike stolen. Even for the uninformed
it's very obvious by its appearance the bike is a company owned rental.

The posters approach is extremely cavalier for his own well being....." I will call the police when I got some free time."

Reed Scott's post was spot on..... "You better call the police RIGHT NOW. That thing probably has a tracker in it and if they find you
before you fess up to your mistake .... this is gonna cost you a whole lot more than 50 bucks."

Like Like Reply

Like Like Reply

Like Like Reply

A troll ? I don't think so. I've been a member of EBR approaching four years. Please check my many comments. I stand by what I've written.
Based on the information the poster provided, anyone with basic common sense would consider the Gotcha Bike stolen. Even for the uninformed

The posters approach is extremely cavalier for his own well being....." I will call the police when I got some free time."

Reed Scott's post was spot on..... "You better call the police RIGHT NOW. That thing probably has a tracker in it and if they find you
before you fess up to your mistake .... this is gonna cost you a whole lot more than 50 bucks."

View attachment 89443 Like Reply

View attachment 89442 Like Reply

View attachment 89441 Like Reply
I think poster ronr was referring to the OP of this thread.

I think poster ronr was referring to the OP of this thread.
Reed Scott,
Excellent point. The OP certainly did have all of the 'markings' of a troll. Great call. Oh by the way,
you were right on the tracking of the bike : ) From Gothcha....

"Gotcha Bikes, an app-based electric bicycle rental company, now has 500 GPS-enabled e-bikes and 50 mobility
hubs across downtown Baton Rouge, LSU and Southern University. "

I can be very cynical, but I doubt the OP is trolling.

You guys bring up a good point about the tracker. All of these bike share companies use them. Given the cost of bike share bikes is usually around 2 grand each when purchased in quantity, the value of the bike is probably a lot more considering loss of income to the company. Paying $50 for any ebike is not a reasonable defense for a charge of recieving stolen goods. I doubt they would prosecute. Maybe they'll give you a reward of some free bike share miles😀

If it seems too good to be true.... The seller probably grabbed another bike share ebike 10 minutes after selling this one.

View attachment 89443 Like Reply

View attachment 89442 Like Reply

View attachment 89441 Like Reply
I was most definitely talking about the OP

Back