Hi from Montreal, Quebec. Moustache 2020 Friday FS5

Markgoode53

Hi there! I’m a new ebike owner after many years of not cycling at all, but wanting to get back onto 2 wheels for exercise. Oh, and taking advantage of the current situation of not being able to travel to visit the city. I’ve got to say the first few weeks with the bike have been great! It’s amazing how much zip the bike has. I’m looking forward to a summer cycling.

Welcome Mark, Salut! I'm also from Montreal (West Island actually).

How about some photos of your new bike?

With the self-isolation going on here in Montreal, I'm not commuting (yet) as I'd usually do, but am using my bike (Giant Explore E+1) just for fun rides and to keep in shape. My regular commute, which I hope I'll be able to resume in the next few weeks, is about 65km round trip.

Cheers!

Mark, I take it your Moustache is the full suspension model? Last summer I test rode a Samadi 27 Xroad with a full suspension and loved the ride.

It is yes. The Friday FS version which uses the same frame. It is a lovely bike - and very very easy to ride up hills with the new Gen4 Bosch motor. (Rather embarrassing actually as I pass road bikes on my way up steep hills who are actually “working”). :)

Hi Mtl
Welcome Mark, Salut! I'm also from Montreal (West Island actually).

How about some photos of your new bike?

With the self-isolation going on here in Montreal, I'm not commuting (yet) as I'd usually do, but am using my bike (Giant Explore E+1) just for fun rides and to keep in shape. My regular commute, which I hope I'll be able to resume in the next few weeks, is about 65km round trip.

Cheers!
Hi Mtl_Biker!
I’m downtown but have family out on the West Island and am looking forward to getting out there this weekend actually. Bike photos attached. To be honest, I was really hoping to get the Samedi XRoad 5 FS in the red. But it seems everyone is buying bikes and ebikes at the moment:) And I didn’t want to wait until next year to get one - especially as with the restrictions this year, and with the changes to the city layout to add bike lanes that will make cycling so good this summer.

Attachments

• CA43B4B3-48FE-4599-B706-2D06CF18DA60.jpeg
    CA43B4B3-48FE-4599-B706-2D06CF18DA60.jpeg
    255 KB · Views: 286
  • 0451E119-35E8-404B-90B7-FE0A70AAE07B.jpeg
    0451E119-35E8-404B-90B7-FE0A70AAE07B.jpeg
    860.6 KB · Views: 305
Hi Mtl

Hi Mtl_Biker!
I’m downtown but have family out on the West Island and am looking forward to getting out there this weekend actually. Bike photos attached. To be honest, I was really hoping to get the Samedi XRoad 5 FS in the red. But it seems everyone is buying bikes and ebikes at the moment:) And I didn’t want to wait until next year to get one - especially as with the restrictions this year, and with the changes to the city layout to add bike lanes that will make cycling so good this summer.
Hi Mark,

Really nice looking bike. Who's the dealer here for them? There's a model (Friday FS 27 Speed) that looks like an incredible bike, but it's very unlikely to be available in Canada because it's too fast. But gee it looks like an amazing bike. And that Samedi XRoad 5 FS looks great also!

As far as cycling route improvements go, I really wish there would be a good way to cross the Trans Canada Hwy (40)... What I do now is to cross Hwy 13 via Henri Bourassa and then cross the 40 at the pedestrian train crossing by Kraft Foods. Gouin has crazy fast traffic and I won't ride there, and crossing the 40 by St Jean or Sources is real scary. My commute is from Ile Bizard to near the Orange Julep.

Cheers!

E-2 Sports among others. The Speed version would be nice, but not legal here :(. I could de-regulate the motor on mine and get the same 45km/h top speed... still not legal though :)
We rode out to Pointe Claire today - but will cross the city to Gouin next weekend. I agree - I’m not a great fan of Gouin, but am interested to see what improvements they make as part of the additional bike routes over the summer. So figured I better go and have a look at the “before”. I haven’t ridden over your way as I’m downtown in the Sud-Ouest. Haha - I agree, Sources is hardly fit for cars unfortunately:) I don’t envy you that commute...

Just had a look, the Giant E+1 looks a nice bike. Powerful motor and large battery ...you like it?
Love it! I've upgraded the headlight, put nicer pedals on, added a mirror and horn and suspension seat post and my iPhone charges through the EVO display unit connection. I've bought a second charger which I keep at the office, just in case I need to run some errands during the day otherwise I might not have enough power to get home (always into a headwind it seems). I just got it at the end of last season and then was out of commission with a broken rib due to an accident for a few weeks, but I've already got over 1,000 km on it.

Back