Hi, A new South Walesian to the Forum!

Richarmed

Hi guys, I've only just signed up. This may well be my first forum I have joined, I'm pretty sure it is 😅 I built my first e bike about 6 months ago running on a carrera subway frame but last week swaped it over to a saracen mantra I bought off a friend mainly for the front shock and disk breaks XD I have a 1000watt voilamart rear hub withe the sw900 display a 48v 13ah battery. Once I find my way around the forum I will hope to get involved with questions and hopefully help others out too. Have a good one guys !!

Welcome to the site.
I'm another builder, I converted the yubabike left. No more 6 hour 140 bpm trips into a 25 mph headwind.
Disk brakes are a real improvement in the rain over rim brakes. It does rain in NSW, right? Not much in the red middle of course. We get ~220 days rain a year.

Welcome to the site.
I'm another builder, I converted the yubabike left. No more 6 hour 140 bpm trips into a 25 mph headwind.
Disk brakes are a real improvement in the rain over rim brakes. It does rain in NSW, right? Not much in the red middle of course. We get ~220 days rain a year.
Haha I just realised I didn't make that very clear I'm from South Wales UK, I'm pretty sure rain was invented here 😄 yeah I could not go back to rims, for one they squeeked way to much in the rain and pads wore down so quick. Hope you have some good waterproofs, I just got some boot style covers to complete my set now the rain doesn't faze me :D

Haha I just realised I didn't make that very clear I'm from South Wales UK, I'm pretty sure rain was invented here 😄 yeah I could not go back to rims, for one they squeeked way to much in the rain and pads wore down so quick. Hope you have some good waterproofs, I just got some boot style covers to complete my set now the rain doesn't faze me :D
And thanks for the welcome message it's appreciated 😃

I might travel to S. Wales some day to see the cavanaugh castle and ride the festinog & some other train. Not too likely I'll make it to NSW, we have roos & wallabys in a theme park in Kentucky. I'm not sold on winery tours, either.
I wear light jackets for light rains, heavy jackets for cold + rain, when it's pouring I wear a $1 poncho from Dollar general store that is bright yellow. My hair is so oily rain just runs over my ears, what gets through the vents of the helmet. The hair & skin is native Am. My eyelashes & eyebrows are so long rain never gets in my eyes.

Welcome. You will find many from the UK here. Check the photos thread and you'll find a few quickly.

Hi, Welcome. Recently I watched a video by the EMTB guys riding some incredible trails through Wales. I had no idea Britain ( England? ) whatever ... had such mountainous terrain. Looks amazing. Do you get out into that territory?

Hi, Welcome. Recently I watched a video by the EMTB guys riding some incredible trails through Wales. I had no idea Britain ( England? ) whatever ... had such mountainous terrain. Looks amazing. Do you get out into that territory?
Edging my way more into the wild haha, a few weeks back I took a ride into the forest of Dean, I have a place called Westwood near me and enjoy riding there. But I am pretty lucky I have the wye valley near me Brecon alot of cool places to enjoy on the bike also apparently there are nice rides over the bridge from me around the Bristol canals.

Welcome Richarmed - glad there's another Welshman on here

@reed scott - Oh there are plenty of hills in Wales - my town is surrounded by seven, so there are no easy leisure rides here outside risking the major vehicles road routes. Mountain biking has become a bit of a boom for Wales, boosting (pre Covid) the tourism industry with both day, weekend and week long visitors. If you are interested this link gives a view of some of the fabulous routes we have (for medium to expert riders at least)..each venue has a minimum of three routes, some more than 10..

Re: the Brecons, Carreg Cennen castle sits perched on an outcrop in a natural bowl and the view in every direction is just stunning.
A good book was published recently on cycle touring through Wales.

Back