Retired and cycling to get younger! New to forum.

GrandKen

Region
United Kingdom
Hi to all fellow cyclists, I live in beautiful Stirling in Scotland, close to the mountains and many trails. As you may suspect by my username I’m in my late 60’s, with one grandchild at the moment, (more to come 🤞), so a pretty good reason to keep fit.
Back in Oct 2020 (lockdown era), we decided to take the plunge and invest in eBikes. I had mountain biked 40+ years ago, when the activity was still young, in fact even did the 99 miles of the West Highland Way on original Diamond Back, however not really been biking much in the intervening period. Our Focus Aventura2 6.6 eBikes arrived and boy this has been transformational, we have already done over 4600 miles (7400km) and no sign of loosing our enthusiasm. Just back from a 1000km cycling adventure with bikes and panniers from Stirling to Frankfurt (included negotiating ferries and trains), what an amazing trip, although 36°C had it’s challenge. Lots of pics and vids which we will need to cull before sharing and some experiences such as Rab sweatshirt in back disk brakes to share.
Lots more to come and hope we can get useful advice from the forums as we start to upgrade our trusty steeds.

Attachments

• C9622914-32FE-4CCC-96BD-0E892A2AF10A.jpeg
    C9622914-32FE-4CCC-96BD-0E892A2AF10A.jpeg
    894.4 KB · Views: 163
Just back from a 1000km cycling adventure with bikes and panniers from Stirling to Frankfurt… Lots more to come..
Ken
Welcome to the forum.

Please share your adventures on the Our Rides thread. We'll all be looking forward to hearing about where those wonderful Foucs touring ebikes take you!
David

Welcome aboard Ken. I look forward to your ride reports and contributions here. It's a great forum with some really good people from many corners of our planet participating.

Back