Help me find electric reverse trike in USA for $$

FlaDeziner

92ba26ade9f2f442c662284028c60d2d.jpg

I am a casual rider who now needs to be concerned about stability when riding. I'm in Florida and it's flat, flat, flat. I have tried riding a regular trike and find it very uncomfortable and unstable because the trike does not tilt on turns. I want the ability to bike to the store and get some power if needed.

I'm convinced a trike with 2 wheels and some type of suspension in the front will work for me, but I'm not in the market to spend $6k on a Butchers & Bicycles trike or even $2,300 on a PFIFF

Certainly, there is a source in the USA to purchase this China Made trike I have posted above or something similar. Can someone direct me to a source? Thanks in advance for the assist.

Based on your particular needs, I would strongly recommend taking a look at the electric trike from Priority Electric Transportation. They build a high quality etrike that is quite affordable. Call me if you have any questions.

The Sunseeker Eco Tad would be about $2300 with shipping, it doesn't have suspension but it is a recumbent tadpole trike with a mesh seat.

Thanks, but a semi-recumbent doesn't really fit the bill for me. Who thought trying to purchase a Chinese bike would be so difficult to find. I hear the Chinese are flooding the European market with their surplus ebike inventory. Why is not going to the US?

View attachment 18560

I am a casual rider who now needs to be concerned about stability when riding. I'm in Florida and it's flat, flat, flat. I have tried riding a regular trike and find it very uncomfortable and unstable because the trike does not tilt on turns. I want the ability to bike to the store and get some power if needed.

I'm convinced a trike with 2 wheels and some type of suspension in the front will work for me, but I'm not in the market to spend $6k on a Butchers & Bicycles trike or even $2,300 on a PFIFF

Certainly, there is a source in the USA to purchase this China Made trike I have posted above or something similar. Can someone direct me to a source? Thanks in advance for the assist.
Mount these to your favorite ebike.

https://www.ez-trainer.com

You can use whatever bike you like, get the stability you need and move them to the next one when you inevitably upgrade. Best of all worlds.

Considered a recumbent?
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Great looking bike. I did consider a recumbent, but I am not a serious rider and I have a furry kid to carry on the bike.:cool:

I laugh every time I see a picture of a Rungu. That's one crazy design! Their double front fat bike was on an adventure version of Sharktank. All the investors declined. That link you gave is not an ebike, but it is a 52 pound twenty-niner pedal bike.

@FlaDeziner, the "Reverse Trike" in your image is not going to be any more maneuverable or capable of leaning than a regular trike. There would have to be independent suspension on the 2 front wheels which your Chinese trike does not have. Independent suspension will have some cost to it; probably more than $2300. It just takes a little practice and slowing down just a bit on turns and a regular trike or tadpole trike will work.

@FlaDeziner, the "Reverse Trike" in your image is not going to be any more maneuverable or capable of leaning than a regular trike. There would have to be independent suspension on the 2 front wheels which your Chinese trike does not have. Independent suspension will have some cost to it; probably more than $2300. It just takes a little practice and slowing down just a bit on turns and a regular trike or tadpole trike will work.

Independent front suspension is not mandatory. This is a screen shot from https://bikerumor.com/2015/11/13/rc...on-seat-box-for-front-wheel-drive-recumbents/

Or here, http://cruzbike.com/trike.html#

Also in development, also not independent; http://trego-trolley.com

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 2.04.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 2.04.35 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 5,308
Last edited:
Sorry to resurrect this old thread but Fladeziner, did you ever get one? If so what? I seem to be going down the exact same rabbit hole and I am curious how it turned out for you!

Back