Help: assist hesitation / dropouts after replacing rear wheel

ptolemyx

My 2016 CC has always had a problem with broken rear spokes (like many people here, it seems), so the shop I bought it from offered to rebuild the wheel with new OEM spokes under warranty.

The shop is a ferry ride away (I'm in BC), and I neglected to call ahead when my wife and I decided to take a trip to the area on the spur of the moment .. so while the shop didn't have time to rebuild the wheel, they DID have time to swap it out with a wheel from an identical CC they had on the floor.

Since they squeezed that in at the end of the day, the mechanic only had time to do a stand test, and I didn't test ride it before getting on the ferry back home.

That was a mistake, since now the bike requires nearly two full crank revolutions before applying any assist from a dead stop. From there, power delivery is pretty linear, until near the top where I start to notice intermittent and short (~1sec) dropouts while still pedaling hard.

This happens in all modes. (I have no throttle, so I can't test manual control.)

Over the phone, the shop suggested that maybe they hadn't seated the axle in the dropouts properly, which might screw up the torque sensor readings, so I unbolted it while the bike was upright and made sure everything was sitting nicely before tightening it back up again. I've also triple checked all the connections.

The shop also says that the only thing they did was replace the wheel -- no fiddling with the torque sensor bolts or anything else.

There are (sadly) no mechanics experienced with Juiced bikes in my town, so my only option there is to take it back to the shop... where they can at least replace the new wheel with my (now rebuilt) original wheel, assuming nothing else works.

They wouldn't charge me, of course, but I'd still have to pay for the ferry and take most of a day to get there and back. So, I thought I'd post here first to see if anyone has any helpful ideas.

Other than this problem, I'm loving the CC, especially its 45kph top speed. I've put a few thousand commuter kms on it and plan on riding it for at least another few years... at which point I'll probably replace it with whatever the latest Juiced model is at that time.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Last edited:
Back