David Jacalone

I have rejoined the forum and have been absent for a few years. I am looking for a Kalkhoff with an 8 speed internal hub. I own a 2010 pro connect with an alfine 8 and a 10 Ah battery. I can't seem to find a comparable pedelec here in the USA. I love the Kalkhoff but they seem very hard to find. Although I own a Panasonic, it seems most are now equipped with a Bosch. I don't need disc brakes but it seems all are now equipped wth them. 700's are my choice. Any other makes are fine, but I do like the Kalkhoff. Can anyone direct me?

... I love the Kalkhoff but they seem very hard to find...

Have you inquired with a Kalkhoff dealer? There is one in my area and I visited with them a couple of weeks ago. They are more of a regular bike shop and told me they have sold only 4 Kalkhoffs since they became a dealer. But they assured me they could order any of the US models (in your case sounds like you are looking for the Integrale 8).

Thanks Over50. I am hoping to find on new or used for under 3k. I am guessing the shipping may even be as much as $150. Where are you located? I learned I may be able to get one from Detroit.

Hi. I am in the Detroit area. We're probably talking about the same dealer then as there is only 1 per the Kalkhoff website in this area (at Eastern Market). When I was in the shop a couple of weeks ago they had 1 Kalkhoff - I think it was something like an Impulse 10 - substantially marked down (due to it being a 2015 model). Looked like it had a nice urban design but I didn't spend too much time looking at it since I am really more interested in the Integrale models (8 and S11). So if this is the same dealer, they are the ones that told me they could get whatever US model I was interested in. I didn't ask them about order-time so not sure how long it takes.

Welcome back, @David Jacalone! That Kalkhoff Impulse 10 has a conventional derailleur. Have you considered buying a regular bike built with the internal hub system then electrifying it? Maybe with an aftermarket mid drive system to make it more like the bike you had. Another option if you want to stay with the Kalkhoff brand would be their Agattu Premium Impulse 8 which comes with an 8 speed Shimano Nexus hub (Court has a review of the bike). 26" wheels instead of 700C, probably the closest you can get to your prior ebike. The New Wheel electric bike shop has 2 locations in California and might be a good source for this bike.

Welcome back, @David Jacalone! That Kalkhoff Impulse 10 has a conventional derailleur. Have you considered buying a regular bike built with the internal hub system then electrifying it? Maybe with an aftermarket mid drive system to make it more like the bike you had. Another option if you want to stay with the Kalkhoff brand would be their Agattu Premium Impulse 8 which comes with an 8 speed Shimano Nexus hub (Court has a review of the bike). 26" wheels instead of 700C, probably the closest you can get to your prior ebike. The New Wheel electric bike shop has 2 locations in California and might be a good source for this bike.

Thanks Ann M and Over50. I spoke with John at Moterless City Bicycles. He has an Agattu with a 7. They have a Sahel demo with a nexus 8 with an 11 Ah and very much like my 2010 Pro Connect. I will be following up. Thanks for your help.

Back