Headlights - Any compatible wire-in options available?

I ordered the kit this afternoon ... thanks! Any tips on threading the wire through the frame? Have you done it yourself?
We shipped it yesterday for you. I listed a couple of items to note about threading it below.
  • You'll need to remove the controller cover which you'll need to pry around the lock, be careful with this plastic cover, as it is possible to crack it if you're not careful
  • You'll need something to thread the wire through, a tough wire will work well or a coat hanger, but add tape to it or something so there's no sharp edges.
  • It's easier to go from the front of the bike towards the controller and you'll want to remove the rubber grommet to make snaking easy.
Let me know if I can assist further and be sure to share your results :)

Thanks so much, Chris. I'll let you know how the installation goes, and I'll share my results on this forum. I should be able to get to it next week.

P9070784.jpg

I have now installed a Busch & Muller Lumotec IQ Premium mounted on a Bacchetta One Arm Bandit on the front of my Bacchetta Giro 20 ATT and on the rear I have taken the Busch & Muller Toplight Line Plus from my Surly Long Haul Trucker and fitted it to the bike. All up pretty happy with the setup.

P9070819_2.jpg

Andrew

Is it possible to replace an existing dynamo powered light with one that is brighter?

You can get a Easy Motion lighting kit (front and rear light) for $150 and those lights (Supernova) are powered from the battery.
Any Easy Motion dealer can order that for you.

You can get a Easy Motion lighting kit (front and rear light) for $150 and those lights (Supernova) are powered from the battery.
Any Easy Motion dealer can order that for you.

Yes, Ravi ... I understand. But I was hoping to continue using the Dynamo hub to power a brighter light. My NeoVolt has an OEM light, but it's not very strong.

After much thought I simply ordered a battery powered Cree.
Very bright. It's rated at 1200 lumens. It seems somewhere in that range.
I've had it since July, and seems to hold up so far.
I have not pushed it past one hour of use, but that is a long ways.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008KUXRAW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Only $16.50. No need for the diffuser lens for me.

To be clear I'm not connecting to the bike battery, but using a separate battery pack which came with the light.

Mike
Colorado, USA

Back