Have you seen the revised Helios?

Is this still in early stage?

I would remove the rear rack out off the swing arm and relocated to frame to avoid unsprung mass.
This is why motorcycle companies never attach anything on swingarm to avoid instability.

Riese & Muller attached the rear rack directly on to the frame keep the bike stable on bumps.

This would possibly allow you to directly wire the rear brake / running light internally

@Rome I was just busting your balls, enjoying a little entertainment has helped me pass the time while my order draws ever nearer to shipping, and I do agree the issue should be acknowledged & some extra care should be taken to ensure it doesn't happen to anymore bikes shipped out.

It would be awesome if WW made some frames in house - carbon is super cool and cutting edge - and I like it - but a chromoly steel bike can be made as strong with skinny tubes (small weight penalty) and powder coated - and it can take a real beating while lasting a lifetime. Rather cheap as a material too and not difficult to weld like aluminum or titanium. Some frame builders like Curtlo or Waltworks build steel frames to order including full-suspension mountainbike frames. One or both of them also offer classes on the whole process and I can't imagine it would be too difficult to incorporate a motor bracket in place of a regular bottom bracket.

I can't imagine cops being gentle with bikes so in my head they are either going to be buying a lot of Watt Wagons or stop buying them after some point if the LEO uses carbon. Or I mean they could be smart and entrust them to the officers that are going to know how to care for them. No pit maneuvers!

We've got a lot of money set aside for bike infrastructure here but between the graft and red tape it seems to go slow. I can't complain as I'm a short ride from a long path that goes from the city right past my work - solid 40ish mile stretch. This time of year though I do find myself missing the warm breeze and palm trees - and warm water!

Really interested in the Helios.
Also very interested in the new Watt Wagons proprietary belt drive that is able to handle 500nm of torque.
This sounds like a game changer!
Are there any pictures of this belt drive?
Any further information on WW's proprietary system?
How well will it pair with the K7?
Thanks.

Really interested in the Helios.
Also very interested in the new Watt Wagons proprietary belt drive that is able to handle 500nm of torque.
This sounds like a game changer!
Are there any pictures of this belt drive?
Any further information on WW's proprietary system?
How well will it pair with the K7?
Thanks.
Hi c2C, Where and what have you heard about the WW proprietary belt drive so far?

I had only heard one was in the works and be coming some day. I ordered my Hydra with that in mind and thinking that along with the Kindernay IGH I would have less to maintain at some point in the future.

This is the first post in this thread here from ebiker33,
"It's going to have a rear suspension so like the Frey CC with the new Kindernay 7 speed Internal Gear Hub with a Watt Wagons proprietary belt drive able to handle 500nm of torque
8K Price tag"

I too, am very interested in this new development.
I am trying to see if anyone else might have further info.

Ahh, thank you so much for helping me to refocus my mind.

Looking at the FAQ on the WW site about the Helios goes over what you already know. What I like about seeing it there is that it's coming from WW, coming in written (marketing) form rather than verbally, and that it is not just a forum member saying, "I heard this."

And.....I like it that the 500KN belt is said to be coming on the FS looking frame of the Helios. That bolsters what this forum member heard verbally and I suspect may work on a FS Hydra one day.

@c2Crusher
Here is the exact quote from the Watt Wagon website.

We are pleased to announce our next-generation commuter, the Watt Wagons Helios.
The Helios is a carbon fiber, full suspension commuter. It features the Bafang Ultra motor with the Archon X1 controller, Class 3 certification, and the Kindernay 7 speed Internal Gear Hub with a Watt Wagons proprietary belt drive. The belt is certified for up to 500 Nm of torque.
Helios is an unrivaled, high-performance e-bike, built right here in the US.

Launching Spring 2022!

I check in about every 4 months

I was one of those who bought right after Helious Founders did.

I realize the costs have gone up, features evolved and I still want my place in line and am read to fork over more to get more.

It is disparaging to make a big splash about a dealer network when those who have patiently waited for the Helios have a ways to go.

It’s not my business
Your best word of mouth will be those happy customers Who have already placed an order
then branch out

Last edited:
X-Tour and UC Pro frames are coming soon, but I haven't read anything about when the Helios frames would be arriving.

Audiotom, if you have a place in line you should be getting your Helios before any dealers do. Pushkar is lining up dealers for future sales, but sales already in the queue go first.

I wonder if the Helios is going to happen.
I really hope the new Helios does show up soon, as I'd rather have a Helios than a UC Pro.
I like my UC Pro, but I'm not a big fan of external cables and external battery. The ride, though, is very comfortable, and the titanium frame will be here long after I'm gone. ;)

The original design had an option for a second mounted battery in addition to the internal battery. I hope they keep that as an option in the new design.

I've seen some more recent design renders and it's looking really nice with some enhanced features. Can't say much more but one can only hope the stars will align and this will come to fruition.

Back