Handlebar upgrade for folding Fat Bike

ChristianB

Region
Canada
Hi guys, long time EBR fan here, looking to see if it's possible and safe to change the handle bars on my Igo Royal. It's a folding Fat tire bike, a Rad mini clone of sorts.

I want to have swept back handle bars like on the Aventon Pace 500 or Perego City Commuter. Can it be done? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I do handlebar swaps and upgrades regularly. You need to measure the diameter of the HB where it goes through the stem. There are about five different diameters. Is it for example a 31.8 or 25.2mm. Then you can order the one you want. It looks like you have plenty of cable length. One way to take this measurement is to wrap a piece of paper around it, marking the overlap point. Then use a ruler and divide by 3.14. I just use a digital caliper. This is one I did last week for a person with arthritis for her electric road bike. It was a drop bar.

Attachments

• Brunch3.JPG
    Brunch3.JPG
    221.3 KB · Views: 202
I do handlebar swaps and upgrades regularly. You need to measure the diameter of the HB where it goes through the stem. There are about five different diameters. Is it for example a 31.8 or 25.2mm. Then you can order the one you want. It looks like you have plenty of cable length. One way to take this measurement is to wrap a piece of paper around it, marking the overlap point. Then use a ruler and divide by 3.14. I just use a digital caliper. This is one I did last week for a person with arthritis for her electric road bike. It was a drop bar.
Perfect, thanks for that. My main concern was that due to the stem for the handle bars being independent of the frame and also telescopic that any handlebars coming back towards the rider may change the ability of the handlebar stem of being safe.

Thats great by the way, love the concept. Before I went electric I was asking LBSs if I could do exactly that. Turn a road bike with droppies into a Omafiets Road bike. super cool

Some ideas. The first is before and after. Being able to change up positions prevent fatigue.

Attachments

• HBupdate02.JPG
    HBupdate02.JPG
    382 KB · Views: 199
  • HBupdate04.JPG
    HBupdate04.JPG
    474.9 KB · Views: 195
  • Toto01.JPG
    Toto01.JPG
    536.2 KB · Views: 204
  • DutchB.JPG
    DutchB.JPG