Handle bar height

stephen3point

have a Vado 3.0 but I would like to raise the handle bars 3 inches higher. Any suggestions / kits that I would need to get there ? Thanks

Available in 80mm, 100mm, 120 mm lengths. This one allows you to fine tune and find just the right height and also to change it up during a long ride fairly quickly.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

s-l1600.jpg

Both of these stem risers are well made with high quality materials... I have had no issues with long term riding.

1588447594745.png

1588447571361.png

Last edited:
Available in 80mm, 100mm, 120 mm lengths. This one allows you to fine tune and find just the right height and also to change it up during a long ride fairly quickly.
FWIW I was gifted 2 from a builder that claimed they weren't secure enough to not move while riding. I did use one, but I'm a flatlander.

FWIW I was gifted 2 from a builder that claimed they weren't secure enough to not move while riding. I did use one, but I'm a flatlander.
Then, builder or not, he had tightened it back up without properly aligning the knurled interface on the angle adjustment which allows it to jar loose when it moves from the high points to where it should have been when it was torqued down. They are very solid and have a very high strength rating of T6.

Then, builder or not, he had tightened it back up without properly aligning the knurled interface on the angle adjustment which allows it to jar loose when it moves from the high points to where it should have been when it was torqued down.
Sadly there are shops and even builders that don't share your aplomb and detail. We've learned to keep things as simple as possible. What works for you and I can be a disaster for others. I think many of the questions asked here could be resolved by way of Google. ;)

Last edited:
This is a very simple piece of equipment, and looks very well made. I see no reason why it would not be secure. I've used the old style types on my pedal bikes for many years and never once felt any sort of looseness. If it's tightened down correctly, no problemo. FWIW, I found that bringing the bars back towards the seat, sometimes going to more swept back bars, accomplished the same thing as increasing the bar height.

@stephen3point take the advice of @Thomas Jaszewski and of @FlatSix911. I was trying different options and the Ergotec stem as suggested by @Alaskan ended up on my brother's MTB as it was incompatible with the Vado. (Due to the way the display is mounted on the Vado only the original stem can be used).

Besides, the cable slack limits rising the bars to 75 mm/3" only. It is good enough and it works for me.

Last edited:
@stephen3point take the advice of @Thomas Jaszewski and of @FlatSix911. I was trying different options and the Ergotec stem as suggested by @Alaskan ended up on my brother's MTB as it was incompatible with the Vado. (Due to the way the display is mounted on the Vado only the original stem can be used).

Besides, the cable slack limits rising the bars to 75 mm/3" only. It is good enough and it works for me.
IDK - I am still not understanding which riser to use - the VADO has these 2 spacers on the bottom of the stem that do not look round they are more sleek and contoured to the frame. So do I remove those and slip ?????? which riser on the top. Can anyone provide something more specific ? thanks

IDK - I am still not understanding which riser to use - the VADO has these 2 spacers on the bottom of the stem that do not look round they are more sleek and contoured to the frame. So do I remove those and slip ?????? which riser on the top. Can anyone provide something more specific ? thanks
Any "A-HEAD stem riser" that is not too tall; links to two similar products have been posted above. You use the spacers provided with the stem riser.

or

Last edited:
So today my stem riser came and I got it installed with no drama except needing 3 hands. It brought my bars up about 70 mm and that's a big difference for comfort. No issue with cables and wires length, they left me a nice service loop to work with. I love these inexpensive generic bikes. Parts are available and very reasonably priced. Just over $10.00 US shipped. Only a 3 day wait for it to arrive. I took it out a bit ago through some pretty rough terrain and it felt rock solid.
2 inch riser_001.jpg

Last edited:
have a Vado 3.0 but I would like to raise the handle bars 3 inches higher. Any suggestions / kits that I would need to get there ? Thanks
I found the simplest way is to raise, just the grips. That way you don't have to worry about cable length and or switching the brake levers and such. Plus they only cost about $15.

Attachments

• IMG_0751.JPG
    IMG_0751.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0758.JPG
    IMG_0758.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 145
Back