Grin Satiator

Doesn’t the LCD display on Juiced bikes show not only the bars on the battery, but the voltage as well? I don’t have one yet, but I believe that is what’s advertised.

Right, as long as you're charging it on the bike you're correct.
That's why I said as long as you sit up all night to watch it, with a programmable charger it just stops at the set voltage.

Satiator has to come later, I'm broke after buying this bike plus accessories needed.

I understand, there are cheaper ones though, Lunar Cycles have one for something like $100. You're right, an ebike alone is a good chunk of coin.

In my experience the bars aren't very accurate and are hit or miss, they might only get you within 20%. I have bikes with bars on the battery and on the display and they can differ by two bars sometimes, that's on the same bike
The display on the CCS does give a voltage reading. In my experience it reads about 0.5V below what the satiator does.

Thank you for the explanation all. This is a great forum and everyone here is super helpful and friendly. I’m proud to say I took advantage of the sale and purchased an RCS! Very excited!

Thank you for the explanation all. This is a great forum and everyone here is super helpful and friendly. I’m proud to say I took advantage of the sale and purchased an RCS! Very excited!
Photos and a review after you ride it a while, please!

72V is considered future proof by some. I have the 48V version and sold a few of the 72V. I'm happily charging 12V, 24v, 36v, 48v and 52V. (60v limit) The 72v and higher charge rates may be too much for your battery. Many BMS I've seen limit rate to 5a MAX! I suggest that if you are moving to a 72V that you consider options other than Anderson Power Poles. They have failed at higher than 52V rated batteries. I use them and XT60 or XT90 for higher voltages. That said I've found that most APP failures were from improper setup and wiring of metal connectors.

While others have had mixed luck (maybe earlier versions?) my Luna advanced charger has worked perfectly for me for considerably less than the cost of the Grin Satiator. Selectable 1-5a and 80,90,100% charging options. Perhaps a poor man pays twice, and I'll need a 52v version if I ever upgrade my battery, but I'm very happy with it at the moment.

The display on the CCS does give a voltage reading. In my experience it reads about 0.5V below what the satiator does.

I've been noticing nearly a little more like up around 0.7v which makes me wonder what i should believe the charger or the bike?

While others have had mixed luck (maybe earlier versions?) my Luna advanced charger has worked perfectly for me for considerably less than the cost of the Grin Satiator. Selectable 1-5a and 80,90,100% charging options. Perhaps a poor man pays twice, and I'll need a 52v version if I ever upgrade my battery, but I'm very happy with it at the moment.
Satiator best suited to those that have several battery voltage ratings, but for $100 yet get a charger. Nothing more. No tracking of battery history, no 50% or any setting other than those 3. I bought a Luna charger for my 48v, then for my 52v, then I was in nearly $200
But I like information and products for the long haul. BTW the Luna lasted months. My Satiator is now several years old and I can link to my laptop and save records on performance. If in for the long haul, consider there’s more to the charger story. Chargers were the most returned product at Luna. But not to pick on them. Chargers for some reason are generally considered by some resellers the most problematic products. For lots of reasons. Most of which are cheap builds.

Last edited:
Believe the multimeter.

So the reading on the bike is 54.5v while the charger says 55.4 & the meter shows 55.3.
20190102_134805_HDR_resized.jpg

So the bike must be almost 1V off? All of my bikes are off but I guess they're close enough it doesn't matter.

So the reading on the bike is 54.5v while the charger says 55.4 & the meter shows 55.3.
View attachment 28571

Should be alright. The voltage on the display is measured across the controller+display electronics, which could add to the loss, after all they are not supercondutors :)

If the Satiator voltage matches the multimeter voltage, that means the cells are at that voltage. No worries. When you try to measure that voltage using the bike display then we are adding controller+display resistance and this load could be cause of such small voltage drop.
Nothing to be worried about since your Satiator and multimeter readings are very close.

There are always small errors as we add more components to measure something.

Back