Grin Satiator

Feliz

I have a Grin Satiator on the way along with a 52/21 battery. What adapters will I need to get this up and running? I think the charger comes with a 3 prong XLR plug, what plug does the battery have? Is the 2.5mm barrel plug handy for charging other batteries like the Bosch?
Thanks

I'm thinking about getting a Satiator. I have the 12.8 ah , 48v battery currently and will have a 13 ah, 52v when I get my Scrambler. Is it possible to configure the Satiator to charge both?

I'm thinking about getting a Satiator. I have the 12.8 ah , 48v battery currently and will have a 13 ah, 52v when I get my Scrambler. Is it possible to configure the Satiator to charge both?
Yes, the satiator comes pre-programed with charging profiles for 48V and 52V batteries, also includes lower percent of charge options and different charging rates. You can also make your own custom profiles to charge however you want.
You will need an adapter to plug it into the 48V battery though.

Awesome, thanks! Lastly is there any reason not to go with the 72v version for my particular scenario?

72v: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
63v: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

The 72-volt Satiator delivers a max charging current of 4 A; the 48-V version delivers 8 amps. 4 A charging is probably easier on your battery, though, extending the number of charge cycles.
The Satiator is wonderfully programmable for voltages from 12.5 to 72, and various charge levels, profiles, and battery chemistries. . Storing your battery for the winter? Give it a 50% charge. Need max range for the next ride? 100%. Want to eke out max life for that $1400.00 battery? 80%. Want to float a 12-volt lead acid battery? No problem. The Satiator does it all! I love mine! It’s a 72-V version. Caution: RTFM! (Read the fine manual). The device is very feature rich, and you want the settings to be correct for the battery you connected to avoid “unexpected results.”

Last edited:
I have a Grin Satiator on the way along with a 52/21 battery. What adapters will I need to get this up and running? I think the charger comes with a 3 prong XLR plug, what plug does the battery have? Is the 2.5mm barrel plug handy for charging other batteries like the Bosch?
Thanks
Grin does offer a number of adapters. I’d suggest getting the one with Anderson PowerPole connectors on it, then making a DIY PowerPole -to-whatever connector. Making one of these with alligator clips will let you charge 12-V auto batteries or small lithium packs >= 12 volts, or keep them floated when the Satiator is not doing other tasks for you.

I’d suggest getting the one with Anderson PowerPole connectors on it, then making a DIY PowerPole -to-whatever connector.
Anderson PowerPoles are the bomb. I use them for all my ham radio gear, as do most hams nowadays, so we have maximum inter-operability. They are very easy to work with, so putting PowerPoles on one end of the Juiced Bikes adaptor is a simple project -- 5 minutes, if you've never done them before. Warning: get the real things. There are cheap knock-offs that do work but are not as easy to install and use. Don't ask me how I know this. Just let me say that I got a great deal on a set of 20 and look forward to the day when I've used them all up. If you get them from Powerwerx or West Mountain Radio, you will get the genuine article.

The 72-volt Satiator delivers a max charging current of 4 A; the 48-V version delivers 8 amps. 4 A charging is probably easier on your battery, though, extending the number of charge cycles.
The Satiator is wonderfully programmable for voltages from 12.5 to 72, and various charge levels, profiles, and battery chemistries. . Storing your battery for the winter? Give it a 50% charge. Need max range for the next ride? 100%. Want to eke out max life for that $1000. Battery? 80%. Want to float a 12-volt lead acid battery? No problem. The Satiator does it all! I love mine! It’s a 72-V version. Caution: RTFM! (Read the fine manual). The device is very feature rich, and you want the settings to be correct for the battery you connected to avoid “unexpected results.”

Great info, thanks! I think 4 amps would be plenty so I will go with the 72. Also, for RTFM I always read the "F" as a different word :D

I don't see that charger as an option to buy on the Juiced website. How did you order it? Seems they only have 48v batts in stock. Where are you seeing these products to order them?

I don't see that charger as an option to buy on the Juiced website. How did you order it? Seems they only have 48v batts in stock. Where are you seeing these products to order them?

I posted a couple Amazon links a few posts up for the Satiator.

Cool thanks Armchair. How does the standard battery charger from juiced hold up? Should I be worried about it?

Cool thanks Armchair. How does the standard battery charger from juiced hold up? Should I be worried about it?

It works fine. One of the main reason people like these fancy chargers is that you can set to a specific charging percentage e.g. 80% of total capicity. While this will lower your max milage per charge it will increase the battery lifespan significantly.

One advantage of the Cycle Satiator is that, if you forget to charge your battery, you always have the option to fast charge it at 5A/8A (depending on the model.) That has saved me a few times. I also have some slower charge 60-75% charge profiles I use if I’m not in a hurry and don’t need the range. I opted for the 72V version since it’s more “future proof” in my opinion. The 48V version won’t charge past a 52V battery.

I’m new and confused about this. Does the 2A charger that comes with the bike not capable of charging to 100%? Also, can’t I manually stop my 2A charger from charging it once the battery reads to 80% charge?

Sure, how will you know when it's at 80%?
That's what I do with bikes that show battery capacity or voltage in percent on their display. You could use a voltmeter. With the Grin charger you can go to bed and it will stop charging at 80% or any other voltage you choose,

Last edited:
@Feliz check the LCD display. Wouldn’t that give me an idea I haven’t fully charged it to 100% or need more time charging if not?

Last edited:
@Feliz check the LCD display. Wouldn’t that give me an idea I haven’t fully charged it to 100% or need more time charging if not?

In my experience the bars aren't very accurate and are hit or miss, they might only get you within 20%. I have bikes with bars on the battery and on the display and they can differ by two bars sometimes, that's on the same bike

Back