Got the Vado...

About 75 miles since Sat. am. Very pleased. A bit of a learning curve compared to the Como.

Because of the differences in riding position, I find a need to do some tweaking. I'm trying to not turn the Vado into a Como concerning the upright cruiser position, but make adjustments to saddle and bar to accommodate the intent of the Vado design. So far I've changed out the bar, an S-works DH bar that added about an inch in height and a bit more sweep (all good). An S-works seat post and a 168mm Power Expert saddle (I know), actually have no problems yet, going from soft/mushy (nice) to firm hasn't been an issue; longer rides may be required to determine.

The complexity of the TCD-W over the simplicity of the Como unit is challenging for a dinosaur. Just the simple stuff like clearing the miles. ha

So far the Kuat rack has worked, using the clamp in front of the fender getting the bikes to trail head not an issue. May need to rethink if we stray further from home.

Anyway, recommend. Jeanie looking forward to getting the step through.

thumbnail-2-jpeg.63407

thumbnail.jpeg

Attachments

• thumbnail-2.jpeg
    thumbnail-2.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 876
Great looking bike. Is this Vado 5.
any plan to change the pedals?
How about suspension seat post?

Great looking bike. Is this Vado 5.
any plan to change the pedals?
How about suspension seat post?
Yes, Vado 5.0. My wife is riding the Thudbuster and likes it a lot. I'm going to ride with the seat and post now on the bike to see if I can manage. I do have a pair of magnesium pedals I may install, they're pretty aggressive mtb pedals. I had these on the Como for a while but changed back to the Specialized pedals. I intend to have fun with this bike using money I would otherwise spend on eating out or vacations. :cool:

Attachments

• thumbnail-7.jpeg
    thumbnail-7.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 275
Yes, Vado 5.0. My wife is riding the Thudbuster and likes it a lot. I'm going to ride with the seat and post now on the bike to see if I can manage. I do have a pair of magnesium pedals I may install, they're pretty aggressive mtb pedals. I had these on the Como for a while but changed back to the Specialized pedals. I intend to have fun with this bike using money I would otherwise spend on eating out or vacations. :cool:
Enjoy as it is a great bike. I have Vado 5 2020 model and love it.
I have Ergon ST Core Prime seat and Ergon GP5 grips, Race Face Chester pedals, and Kinekt 2 suspension seat post.
I also have changed the tires to Schwalbe Marathon E+.
Other than these changes everything else is working the way I like.

Attachments

• 5574F785-EA65-4CF8-BE26-68F227832C08.jpeg
    5574F785-EA65-4CF8-BE26-68F227832C08.jpeg
    816.7 KB · Views: 340
Enjoy as it is a great bike. I have Vado 5 2020 model and love it.
I have Ergon ST Core Prime seat and Ergon GP5 grips, Race Face Chester pedals, and Kinekt 2 suspension seat post.
I also have changed the tires to Schwalbe Marathon E+.
Other than these changes everything else is working the way I like.
Thanks...
Yes, I'm really liking the bike. Rode a bit this am after a few adjustments to the height and fore/aft of the saddle and a slight twist to reposition the bars; all is good. I'm liking the firmness of the saddle, it's proving to be comfortable. I have a collection of saddles, so a change is not out of the question.

Back