Good Stuff You Bought

I've lost two in the last 4 months! 🤬 Both were clipped to my seat bag. I've noticed, in Canada at least, they've gone up considerably in price.
I mounted my Cygolite directly on the dropper Seatpost... no problems this season! ;)

I forgot about the tube patches i also have in there. In reality its all a very tight squeeze, perhaps a 20% bigger bag would have been ideal for me (especially as the tube takes over 50% of the space)

After a couple of weeks i've concluded the saddle bag, whilst great value, is too small for me - the wife says she'll use it for her lipsticks when out riding !

So i have a different saddle bag on route, should be 50% bigger and more suited.

Adding to my increasing number of cycling deliveries..

Today my CrankBrothers Sterling Floor Pump turned up (only ordered it yesterday afternoon and with free shipping wasn't expecting it for a week !) - absolutely great bit of kit, very sturdy, single auto adjust head , high press and high volume switch so perfect for my 2.4 x 27.5s, and sons 700 x 23Cs ! Got 51% off at tweekscycles so ÂŁ29.99 delivered. Used it on the three family bikes today, gauge seems to be reading low by about 8% compared to...

Topeak D2 Smart pressure gauge - picked this up from everyones favourite auction site, took 5 days to arrive but happy with it - great little digital gauge, with the ability to bleed off air while it continues to read.

Who needs 150 or more lumens for tail-light?
I was actually shopping for another Hotshot 100 but couldn't track one down. The cost of the HS 150 on Amazon was just slightly more than the 50 so that’s what I ended up buying. Go figure. My overall impression of Cygolite products has been good as I also have a CL Metro headlight. It’s not just about lumens, although I have to admit there is a feeling of reassurance when drivers actually acknowledge how bright the light is albeit in a positive manner. The rear lights are also adjustable in tempo and brightness and come with handy seat stay mounts which I use exclusively on two bikes. Recharge time is quick and there is even a low battery indicator. Run time on a single charge is also decent.

The lezyne looks like a decent unit and also has a IPX7 rating.

I was also checking out some extra bright tail lights that could be seen better from all angles and found this awesome looking NiteRider Sentry Aero 260 Tail Light...the name is kinda exact heh. It gives out 260 lumens at a 260 degree viewing angle...so its bright as heck and visible from basically all angles and because of its design of the housing the light pattern and beam is very visible.

I think this is the one I am going to get when I get some cash.

So I ordered the Topeak Tetrarack and the smaller bag to go with it. I probably didn't pay enough attention on Topeak's site. Bag came first and I was surprised that it had the plastic rack fitting on the bottom to attach it to a Topeak rack. Darn, I thought cause I didn't think the Tetrarack had the attachment function. But it did. Nice surprise. My acoustic bike doesn't have fittings to attach about any other rack so this worked out really well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 4.09.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 4.09.07 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 335
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 4.09.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 4.09.31 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 345
So I ordered the Topeak Tetrarack and the smaller bag to go with it. I probably didn't pay enough attention on Topeak's site. Bag came first and I was surprised that it had the plastic rack fitting on the bottom to attach it to a Topeak rack. Darn, I thought cause I didn't think the Tetrarack had the attachment function. But it did. Nice surprise. My acoustic bike doesn't have fittings to attach about any other rack so this worked out really well.
Nice setup for a full-suspension bike. ;)

1603243217304.png

In the dollar store I was looking for those tiny scissors they have - they're usually OK for a little while. I saw a set from Barbasol, with nail clippers, slanted nail clippers, nice looking tiny scissors, file, tweezers, and soft case with zipper, so I bought one.
BEST clippers I ever tried. Ya can't even file nails that smooth. The scissors are very good, better than any name brand I've tried. Not like Italian barber scissors, but really good.
I went back today and bought another 5 sets, all they had on the rack.

1612393806495.png

I was also checking out some extra bright tail lights that could be seen better from all angles and found this awesome looking NiteRider Sentry Aero 260 Tail Light...the name is kinda exact heh. It gives out 260 lumens at a 260 degree viewing angle...so its bright as heck and visible from basically all angles and because of its design of the housing the light pattern and beam is very visible.

I think this is the one I am going to get when I get some cash.
I liked that one on sight, but then looking at it on amazon I started to doubt it's specs. The name is precise in that all the specs are the same. My concern is if they are accurate or not :) (about the 260 lumen)
The spec I like about Cygo is that everyone I've heard mention them says they are bright. So Cygo probably is high in accuracy and precision and the 350 has to be killer light. I have 4 rear-facing lights on always, already, plus big reflectors. They are typical under $20 type. And I like them a lot. I want one powerful light as well.
I want a rear brake light. If Cygo makes a rear brake light that works that would be terrific.

Cygo-lite brakelight found....NOT.

This one below is my best rear light. The reviews are pretty awful, glad I hadn't read them when I bought the light on sale for $10 CAD. That's less than $8. It's fit is great for the rear rack, I pocket it when I lock up the bike, and it's brighter than any other $10-$15 CAD light I've seen. The battery time is shorter than others, but it's brighter and it lasts me "there and back" on my daily rides every time. I do want one powerful light, though.

The spec on this is TWELVE lumens...but people have to turn away from it. I don't want to look at it at all. I think it's the lens that makes it look so bright. @12 lumens !
1612399128434.png

Last edited:
I liked that one on sight, but then looking at it on amazon I started to doubt it's specs. The name is precise in that all the specs are the same. My concern is if they are accurate or not :) (about the 260 lumen)
The spec I like about Cygo is that everyone I've heard mention them says they are bright. So Cygo probably is high in accuracy and precision and the 350 has to be killer light.
I have 4 rear-facing lights on always, already, plus big reflectors. They are typical under $20 type. And I like them a lot. I want one powerful light as well.
I want a rear brake light. If Cygo makes a rear brake light that works that would be terrific.
Get the Cygolite... ten times the lumens and run time of the Galena.

The brightest I have found and you will not regret it... safety first! ;)

1612411666216.png

Last edited:
I ordered this split saddle from SQLab:
71mdvWn8UWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I don't know if it's any good or not yet since it hasn't arrived. The 30" snowfall we just received has put a crimp in local deliveries.

Due to numbness issues, I've been using this noseless model from Spiderflex which for me is quite comfortable:

download.jpg

I miss the nose though since it offers better control. The nose is also a convenient handle for easy lifting of the bike. Hopefully, the SQlab model, with it's lower nose, will work. It's independently suspended pads may offer a more natural "feel" as well.

Get the Cygolite... ten times the lumens and run time of the Galena.

The brightest I have found and you will not regret it... safety first! ;)

View attachment 78238

It's a lifesaver. Last week out here, it was cloudy, rainy, and poor visibility on the roads and even worse at night when there is poor streetlighting.

I personally saw a few riders out after dark with no rear lights whatsoever on city streets with no dedicated bike lane. It was incredible they were not killed. I just barely noticed them and prayed others behind me would move left and give the riders space.

All it takes is just a second or two of distraction to result in an accident.

If I see a rear light, I have plenty of time to react. So do others. These things can save your life. I myself have bought one.

It's a lifesaver. Last week out here, it was cloudy, rainy, and poor visibility on the roads and even worse at night when there is poor streetlighting.

I personally saw a few riders out after dark with no rear lights whatsoever on city streets with no dedicated bike lane. It was incredible they were not killed. I just barely noticed them and prayed others behind me would move left and give the riders space.

All it takes is just a second or two of distraction to result in an accident.

If I see a rear light, I have plenty of time to react. So do others. These things can save your life. I myself have bought one.
Riders I've talked with re their lack of bike lights report that "they can see just fine". To me the real issue is to be sure those big heavy, fast machines near you - cars - can see you even in low light. I use flashing tail and head lights even during the day. Makes a big difference on how cats react to me.

Riders I've talked with re their lack of bike lights report that "they can see just fine". To me the real issue is to be sure those big heavy, fast machines near you - cars - can see you even in low light. I use flashing tail and head lights even during the day. Makes a big difference on how cats react to me.
In my neighborhood its all the walkers dressed in black. It doesn't matter the time of day, in winter they are hard to see. We do not have sidewalks just a painted lane line and snow on the shoulder.

Back