Good Stuff You Bought

+1 on the EVT mirrors.
I've been using them on my helmets for many years. The only issue I have is, I'm always bumping into things like branches or other obstacles. As a fix, Instead of using zip ties to attach the mirror to the helmet, I use Velcro strips. That way, the mirror can easily be removed & re attached as necessary. The Velcro also enhances the breakaway effect.

The plastic mirror surface can easily be scratched & smudged during transport though. I've ruined a couple over the years. I now use these small felt drawstring bags as a protector:

They also work well as a soft wipe for the mirror surface.
Great Ideas! Thanks

Screen Shot 2023-03-19 at 12.15.26.png

Discovered for myself a new brand called cozy house sheets (here are some reviews of them).
Those duvets are made in heaven somewhere. Now we ordered sets on linen for all the rooms
and new pillows for the whole family plus some extra for the guests.

Last edited:
I’ll be wiring this in to the back of our center console in our minivan for the passengers to charge during road-trips. Having a portable battery back there and running out of juice just isn’t the business.

IMG_1458.jpeg

Wow. I just installed a Schlage wifi deadbolt. It’s ridiculous, but our lock broke and figured it’s a great opportunity to upgrade.

I've wanted this type of push button lock for my back door for many years. Unfortunately, the door is narrow and has a window. There isn't enough space between the window and the door edge to fit the base plate of these locks.

I recently found this model that has the mechanism & buttons located inside the knob. It takes up the same space as a standard lockset:

1680701286079.png

No WiFi but I'm leery of that tech for door locks anyway. I also like that it's American made by a small family run company.

I’m not very confident in the longevity of any WiFi devices that rely on an app. I find that when the developers stop working on/supporting the app and when iOS gets updated, the app is left behind. The app will no longer work, especially on the new iOS/android.

I picked up one of these cordless tool battery USB adapters recently. I use DeWalt batteries but similar adapters are available for many other brands as well.

IMG_003374.jpg
IMG_003375.jpg
IMG_003376.jpg

I carry it when riding bikes without a built in USB adapter. When paired with one of my small cordless tool batteries, it works well for recharging USB devices. The 12V output jack is handy for powering other electronic devices as well. The built in work light is also handy for doing nighttime repairs on the trail.

At $18, it's far cheaper than a dedicated USB powerbank which, in most cases, lacks the 12V output jack and work light.

I often use cordless tool batteries to power my bikes and this adapter adds flexibility to the practice.

I didn’t buy it, but it was gifted to me. My buddy was cleaning out his attic. He gave me a PS3. I just installed custom firmware on it and am learning lots of that system. It’s one of the few slim consoles that can have CFW.

IMG_1563.jpeg

We got a robot vacuum/mop with LiDAR since they’re getting inexpensive. I’m very impressed and it is saving me a bunch of time every week. I even let it roam around our garage which always gets pretty dirty when the wind blows in small debris from outside. The maps are highly customizable so you can tell it where not to go or where not to use the mop function.

1683136141131.jpeg

Last edited:
I picked up one of these cordless tool battery USB adapters recently. I use DeWalt batteries but similar adapters are available for many other brands as well.

View attachment 152813 View attachment 152814 View attachment 152815

I carry it when riding bikes without a built in USB adapter. When paired with one of my small cordless tool batteries, it works well for recharging USB devices. The 12V output jack is handy for powering other electronic devices as well. The built in work light is also handy for doing nighttime repairs on the trail.

At $18, it's far cheaper than a dedicated USB powerbank which, in most cases, lacks the 12V output jack and work light.

I often use cordless tool batteries to power my bikes and this adapter adds flexibility to the practice.
I love that people are adapting the dewalt batteries. I just got one of these this week: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B49SMNGB?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Works great and now I don't have to drag extension cords out and my weller out to do stuff on a vehicle. All the lights in most Amish buggies are using Dewalt batteries now too. Longer charge time and far less weight.

I'm curious to know how the mop function works?

There's a water reservoir onboard. When using the mop function, you can specify how much water is released on to a microfiber pad that gets clipped on to the underside of the unit. In action, the robot does a slight back and forward motion (like scrubbing). I would not use this robot as a my primary mop as you cannot use any cleaning solutions in the reservoir nor does it steam but it's nice for every other day uses. I don't use solutions for manual mopping either, just steam.

There's a water reservoir onboard. When using the mop function, you can specify how much water is released on to a microfiber pad that gets clipped on to the underside of the unit. In action, the robot does a slight back and forward motion (like scrubbing). I would not use this robot as a my primary mop as you cannot use any cleaning solutions in the reservoir nor does it steam but it's nice for every other day uses. I don't use solutions for manual mopping either, just steam.
...and all along I thought there was more going on underneath it than that. ;)

1683158346429.png

Installed remote start in my wife’s van.

IMG_1659.jpeg

Been wanting to do this for a while after my wife mentioned it.

Just received a couple padded shorts, I've been field testing it and I really like it. It really helps my sit bone from unexpected sharp bumps and dips when I'm on off road adventures. I have full suspension Emtbs and expensive saddles. But I'm kicking butt for not getting it when I bought my 1st emtb.
It feels weird tho when I'm casually just walking around at my workshop and not on my bike.
I highly recommend it for any type of ebike riding. I also bought jersey . I'm gunna take it to my seamstress to add shoulder and elbow pads.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230804_081045_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230804_081045_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20230804_080858_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230804_080858_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 98
Back