Good Stuff You Bought

Just ordered some non-cotton t-shirts and a sweatshirt from The Bay discount. Under-Armour $18 and Jack Jones sweatshirt $22

I'm gonna wear baggy cylord shorts over them.
Do you mean this brand? Great price, features and look. With the padded underwear as a separate article, it could be worn with other pants, I guess

• Excellent Fabric — Quick dry, breathable, and MTB shorts go the distance in stretchable comfort
  • 6 Pockets — Plenty of pockets combined with zipper help to store and secure
  • Adjustable & Comfort — Made the mountain bike shorts with comfort in mind, waist and inseam design brings you ideal fits
  • Reflective Strip — Keeping you secure and shining in every move in the dark
  • Multi-occasion — Perfect for cycling, mountain biking, camping, other outdoor and casual apparel
  • Made from: 92%polyester, 6%spandex & 2%pvc
  • Separate Padded Underwear
  • Zipper closure
  • Machine Wash
  • Color: Black / Army Green / Grey

Also the baggy shorts for even less​

Men's Utility Mountain Bike Shorts(Padded) C$37.33​

Last edited:
I bought a quart of Flat Out. But the non removeable valve cores on my presta valves spoiled the fun. I used it on my wife's cruiser bike instead.

Last edited:
I bought g form elbow and knee pads they are good but not confident on the protection level.
I saw their E line pads. It's made for e biking.
I'm gonna check it out if it's comfortable.
Also thinking about these sliding shorts.
I'm looking more carefully at these 3D and 4D pads, wrt the D3 pads - which have special protective properties in absorbing impacts on elbows hips and knees. I have some D3 pads which I have been thinking of using on the bike seat or in biking underwear but the 3D pads might be more appropriate to use for their evaporative ability and they come built into relatively low-cost clothing.

I bought a quart of Flat Out. But the non removeable valve cores on my presta valves spoiled the fun.
That's a shame. After you mentioned it I had to re-check how it's applied, it's been so long since I used Slime. Never had a flat on those tires.

Happy 4th, Americans!

note for Canadians:
The Bay just delivered the Under Armour T's and the Jack Jones sweatshirt. Both OK for purpose, styling and feel is not as good Dickie's T's and Jack Jones is not even in the same universe as the Black and Brown merino sweaters.

Just ordered some non-cotton t-shirts and a sweatshirt from The Bay discount. Under-Armour $18 and Jack Jones sweatshirt $22

Last edited:
I decided I'd like to do regular service on the Bafang hub motor, which has 8500 km of hard work on it. To open the motor a tamper proof /secure T-20 bit is required to remove the screws.
$12.96 CAD for this set on Amazon. I haven't taken the motor apart yet, but the bit does fit properly so I expect no problem for use once per year.

33 Pcs Security Bit Set Tamper Proof Torx Hex Star Magnetic Extension Star Screwdriver Bit Set with Holder by HOHXEN​

1657278893766.png

I bought an expensive Christmas Present for myself and the bike. It's a Garmin Montana 700i GPS with a built in satellite personal locator beacon.

I got it for it's display and mapping abilities as well as the PLB. I occasionally ride in some very remote areas with no cell service and the PLB gives me an added level of safety.
I really like my Garmin GPS, I found a lot of trails I had no idea existed.
I have a couple of trips that I know by heart, which I learned from the Garmin, so I don't use it that much currently.
I plan on continually building trip plans as I get bored with what I know now.
I bought mine (ETREX VISTA HCX and a bike mount) for $40.

Rear view camera.
Camera installed under the seat.
Large display mounted on the deck.
I snagged an Akaso Elite HD 14K, action camera, with touch screen viewing for $45.
It's a really good VERY cheap replacement for Go Pros.
Auto loop recording and records while charging.

I love the Cygolight. It's fallen off quite few times when I brush against it, but luckily I've noticed it every time so far. I do have it side-mounted, so that makes it worse. Putting a band around it works, though.

Here's something good I didn't actually buy, but for an emergency kit they really do the job. I can imagine using one of those if bike camping in the rain.

Pull Start Fire Pull String Multi-purpose Firestarter, 3-pk Product image

Roll over to zoom in
Product image 0

Product image 1

Product image 2

Product image 3

Product image 4

$14.99

PULL STRING , START FIRE, RUN FROM POLICE !

they're $189 at amazon canada
Yeah, mine was refurbished, or used.
EDIT I looked up my order from Ebay, it actually only cost $27, it doesn't say, but if I remember correctly, it came professionally packed, so I 'd say it was refurbished.
Highly recommend over the $400 Go Pros.
Huh , I forgot it has a voice control remote. Never even used the remote. I have it set for auto record when the bike is turned on, it's plugged into the usb port.

Last edited:
Yeah, mine was refurbished, or used.
EDIT I looked up my order from Ebay, it actually only cost $27, it doesn't say, but if I remember correctly, it came professionally packed, so I 'd say it was refurbished.
Highly recommend over the $400 Go Pros.
Huh , I forgot it has a voice control remote. Never even used the remote. I have it set for auto record when the bike is turned on, it's plugged into the usb port.
are the batteries interchangeable with gopro?

Just bought two air mattresses. If I remembered to pack the ones I already have, I wouldn’t have had to buy more. I’m already out of town. FML

Just received, a North Face Stormbreak 2 tent, on sale at SportChek for $153 reduced from $249. All the reviews of it on YTube show it to be excellent and it looks perfect to me. Will give a review here once I use it.

Back