Golden Motors Canada

Hello ..
Not sure this belongs here. If not, please let me know off-line at [email protected]

I have been researching the ebike market for almost 2 years now.
I'll spare you the long story for now - my question:

Does nayone have experiences you are willing to share regarding Golden Motors Canada, an ebike kit dealer located in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada?

Since this appears to be the only local dealer of 'economy' priced kits in Ontario, i am tempted to try them out.
But considering that a 'china' kit still comes to about 1000$ canadian, I am very reluctant to drop that money on a guess..
Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you

Wolfgang

Golden Motors comes from China; the Canadian folks are the regional importer. I've used the kits for years to convert bikes and especially trikes with a lot of success. They have a lot of features along with a programmable controller with regen capabilities and their latest hub motor with the controller inside also has an interesting series of ventilation slots around the center of the motor for cooling. Seems to work since heat + controller + motor is usually a recipe for a shortened controller life. The rack mounted batteries are a bit bulky, but the Lithium chemistry is stable and has a lot of charge cycles before needing replacement or rebuild. Its not as intricate in capabilities as a BionX kit and weighs more, but the Golden Motor kits in general are a reasonable purchase with a lot of power.

Golden Motors comes from China; the Canadian folks are the regional importer. I've used the kits for years to convert bikes and especially trikes with a lot of success. They have a lot of features along with a programmable controller with regen capabilities and their latest hub motor with the controller inside also has an interesting series of ventilation slots around the center of the motor for cooling. Seems to work since heat + controller + motor is usually a recipe for a shortened controller life. The rack mounted batteries are a bit bulky, but the Lithium chemistry is stable and has a lot of charge cycles before needing replacement or rebuild. Its not as intricate in capabilities as a BionX kit and weighs more, but the Golden Motor kits in general are a reasonable purchase with a lot of power.

Thank you Ann. This has been an interesting research project of mine for 2 years now. I like to tinker with stuff and putting together an ebike looks like a fun thing to do. Not only that, I really am trying to get a bit of mobility without immediately having to shell out money for licences, plates etc.
Your comment helps me since I am on a very tight budget. Justifying this purchase has not passed the family finance minister yet.
Shelling out 3000-4000$ for my first ebike is not happening.
And as far as I can tell, bionx, scooteretti etc., you pay at leat an extra 1000$ for the idea that there will be service when you need it.
So right now, thanks to your encouragement, I lean strongly to buying a magic pie 4 kit from Golden and a bike that fits me, since I am 6'4" I'd like an XL frame, so I am thinking of the Giant Roam 3 at 500$ or the Giant City Escape at 479$ - add the kit to that and I hope to have a fairly decent 36V bike at about 1500$ - taxes, shipping, rack, fenders and brand new bike and all.
Sorry for the long-winded reply - again, thank you for the input...

Hello ..
Not sure this belongs here. If not, please let me know off-line at [email protected]

I have been researching the ebike market for almost 2 years now.
I'll spare you the long story for now - my question:

Does nayone have experiences you are willing to share regarding Golden Motors Canada, an ebike kit dealer located in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada?

Since this appears to be the only local dealer of 'economy' priced kits in Ontario, i am tempted to try them out.
But considering that a 'china' kit still comes to about 1000$ canadian, I am very reluctant to drop that money on a guess..
Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you

Wolfgang
Hello Wolfgang,
One of the members very high on Golden Motors, Magic Pie is @Nebula722 . I am considering the kit for a build along with a couple other kits from other manufactures for a Raleigh bike I'm not doing much with at the moment.

You can read these comments from another thread here in "Other Brands"

Good luck with your research/build and a whole lot of luck with the finance minister:eek:

Thank you for the feedback! My quest continues . . . :) It would be much easier if we lived without 6 months of deep-freeze and minus 25 celsius temps.

Back