Giant Momentum Transcend E+ vs Priority Current

Ok.. which will work better for the Current? Does anyone know?
My layman opinion is that the Shimano will work better for flat surfaces, as it can reach higher gears and you won't have to pedal as furiously to get to 28mph. The Enviolo works better on hills due to being able to shift lower.

Essentially this means that, for your problem of lack of power on hills, the new version will only be worse.

Last edited:
Does that version of Enviolo CVT on Priority Current have the automatic shifting option?
My layman opinion is that the Shimano will work better for flat surfaces, as it can reach higher gears and you won't have to pedal as furiously to get to 28mph. The Enviolo works better on hills due to being able to shift lower.

Essentially this means that, for your problem of lack of power on hills, the new version will only be worse.

Wait. You can't shift while pedaling? That seems like a huge downside. People are okay with this?
Brace yourself, there once was a time when you had to shift gears on your car...ALL BY YOURSELF, not automatically!

I know it sounds terribly inconvenient, but wait, there's more! YOU COULDN'T ACCELERATE WHILE SHIFTING, you had to lift off the gas peddle and push in this extra, weird peddle with your left foot while shifting gears! Oh the humanity!!!

:) Seriously, it's no big deal. Peddle, pause, shift, resume peddling. Just like driving a manual transmission, it becomes second nature in no time. :)

Not that it changes anything here, but apparently Priority is bringing back the Enviolo on the Current in 2021.

Back