Vado 5.0 vs. Priority Current vs. Bluejay Sport

switters

Region
USA
I'm in the market for a new eBike and have narrowed my choices to Vado 5.0 (IGH or standard), Bluejay Sport, or Priority Current.

I live in Bend, OR, which is mostly flat, with a few moderate hills here and there. I will mostly use the bike for commuting, errands, and in place of driving as much as possible.

I rode a Vado 4.0 (derailleur version) and a Bluejay Sport the other day. The Vado seemed smoother and more refined. It was also quieter—the Bluejay Sport made an irritating, high-pitched whining sound that was close to being a deal breaker.

The LBS that stocks Specialized has a 5.0 IGH in the warehouse and agreed to build it so I can do a test ride next week.

In the meantime, I'm looking for feedback from anyone that has ridden more than one of these bikes. How do they compare? What would you choose in my situation?

One specific question: I see that the Priority Current has more torque (140 vs. 90) and a more powerful motor than the Vado 5.0 (500w vs 250w). Yet, from what I've read, it seems that most people who have ridden both bikes prefer the Vado and feel it is just as powerful (if not more so). How/why is this?

Thanks for your help!

I’ve had a priority current and it’s a great bike, I now have a Vado 5.0, the Vado is a better bike and more expensive, although currently priced at 4000, 1500 less than what I paid for mine
I'm not that familiar with how the relationship between LBSs and manufacturers works. If the manufacturer lowers the price on their website for a given model, does the LBS have to honor that?

If there is one available on line in your size you can get it and sent it to a lbs. if you find one at a nearby lbs put the stock or item number in their website search it should show the price reduction

Interesting. So they must make the same amount on a sale regardless of what Specialized sets the price at.

Miraculously, the LBS has a 5.0 IGH in XL/-exactly what I need.

great that will give you a chance to test ride it, some people don’t like the auto shift, personally I really like it and haven’t had any problems with it, it takes a little time to get used to it, I am a casual type rider, I enjoy riding rail trails around the southeast, had mine since September 22

I had a Vado 5.0 its great bike i removed the fenders and put on mountain bike tires on it to ride trails it was great bike i have moved on to Vado SL.
good luck you will love it
Thanks! I have a Trek Fuel EX7 for mountain biking. Pedal assist/electric bikes aren't permitted on trails around here. The Vado 5.0 IGH seems ideal for commuting/errands/etc. which is what I'll be using this bike for.

New Vado 5.0 (L) owner here, very happy with my bike, I went for Chain over IGH and do not regret my choice.
I have been trying to buy a Vado 5 for months, but the site never has any available....what am I doing wrong? I usually check daily...on the east coast of the US. I already own a Vado 4.

I have been trying to buy a Vado 5 for months, but the site never has any available....what am I doing wrong? I usually check daily...on the east coast of the US. I already own a Vado 4.
your best bet is to start calling bike shops around where you leave i just looked up and it says nothing avalable in any sizes on the Spicailized Web site..
good luck

Thanks for the information - I got the different models confused. I have to say (as a happy Priority Current Owner) that the Specialized Turbo Vado 5.0 IGH at $3,999 (current price at specialized) would make me take a look.

Back