Giant 2020 ebikes?

HT = hard tail or some say single suspension. I just received an email i can check a small Giant full suspension, $4,000 and i am also interested by a $3,000 Giant hardtail. These are canadian $ or about 3,000 or 2,280 in USD. I rode a 27.5+ Ebike for 3 weeks and enjoyed that Yamaha.

If you're really riding mountain bike paths get a full suspension. It's not like you're going to lose out so much pedal-energy with shocks - your motor will make that up.
I've got the serious wants for a e-mountain bike, but wife is scoffing. I need to pay off my new bike, and she doesn't want me riding off with 'the boyz' going mountain biking. Besides, I just sold my last motorcycle after fifty years of riding - most of it on dirtbikes - so it's a natural progression. The problem is that if I land on my head one more time I'm likely to end up in a wheelchair. So I refrain. 😢

I love the yammer mid-drive. I haven't been able to find any complaints on it anywhere. Pretty good thread here, nothing that scares me off: https://electricbikereview.com/foru...h-yamaha-products-help-solutions-fixes.13276/

There's no E1 (or E3) for 2020.

It's just the E2 and E4
The E1 seems to only be available in Canada and not in the US for some reason and only in remaining 2019 models. They rate the Explore E+1 GTS at 80 Nm. It looks good. Nevermind , I see they are all sold out. The 2020 specs look good on the
EXPLORE E+ 2 GTS

Last edited:
The E1 seems to only be available in Canada and not in the US for some reason and only in remaining 2019 models. They rate the Explore E+1 GTS at 80 Nm. It looks good. Nevermind , I see they are all sold out. The 2020 specs look good on the
EXPLORE E+ 2 GTS

i m a proud owner of the 2019 explore e3, it’s amazing. I miss it in days I can’t commute with it

Go for it

I guess I never posted here on the new bike... [shrug]
Loving life! 👏

My bike is almost identical as yours. Except I still running the stock tire, added the official rear rack and the shop routed the ride one control module wire through the right opening frame hole

In some countries the 2020 Giant FastRoad E+ EX Pro and 2020 Giant Revolt E+ Pro are 45kph/28mph, ie Class 3. Best to ask a dealer in your country.
I would agree with that. For some years Yamaha has been doing some 45kph/28mph. Here in Canada the importer is taking no chance. Only a few model are available and in very small numbers. Even now i would not be able to get my size on a 2020 on some models, sold out for the next 11 months.

I would agree with that. For some years Yamaha has been doing some 45kph/28mph. Here in Canada the importer is taking no chance. Only a few model are available and in very small numbers. Even now i would not be able to get my size on a 2020 on some models, sold out for the next 11 months.
Leave it to Bureau craps to stick their noses into something they have no Business in.

Is it worth waiting for the 2020 models? I was offered 20% off a 2019 Quick E+ which comes out to 2,500. Seemed like a good deal.

For me the discount was more valuable than the minor changes - I got the '19 Explore+3 instead of the '20 +4.
You might find value in this thread: https://electricbikereview.com/foru...e-4-ride-control-one-issue.30359/#post-228362

In particular, post #10 is about the changes from year over year on that model. I can't advise you directly on the QuickE. AFAIK there is nothing major, no new design parameters or radical equipment updates or changes.

For me the 2020 was all black so getting a discount on a much nicer looking bike was like a triple bonus. 🤣

All that said, you might also look at the Haibike Sduro Trekking2.0 - I think it's similar in price and has all the goodies on it. Well, unless you don't have a dealer local.
While I love my Giant I likely would have gotten the Haibike - I think there's a little more innovation for similar $$. It turns out I have a local dealer but didn't know they carried the line. One would have thought they would show you their models when you were in the shop. ;)

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

For me the discount was more valuable than the minor changes - I got the '19 Explore+3 instead of the '20 +4.
You might find value in this thread: https://electricbikereview.com/foru...e-4-ride-control-one-issue.30359/#post-228362

In particular, post #10 is about the changes from year over year on that model. I can't advise you directly on the QuickE. AFAIK there is nothing major, no new design parameters or radical equipment updates or changes.

For me the 2020 was all black so getting a discount on a much nicer looking bike was like a triple bonus. 🤣

All that said, you might also look at the Haibike Sduro Trekking2.0 - I think it's similar in price and has all the goodies on it. Well, unless you don't have a dealer local.
While I love my Giant I likely would have gotten the Haibike - I think there's a little more innovation for similar $$. It turns out I have a local dealer but didn't know they carried the line. One would have thought they would show you their models when you were in the shop. ;)

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
I doubt you could go far wrong with either bike.

Is it worth waiting for the 2020 models? I was offered 20% off a 2019 Quick E+ which comes out to 2,500. Seemed like a good deal.
The 2019 comes with the energypak 500, and some of the 2020 models have moved to 400, so if the 2020 is actually energypak 400, I'd get the 2019

I love the yammer mid-drive. I haven't been able to find any complaints on it anywhere. Pretty good thread here, nothing that scares me off: https://electricbikereview.com/foru...h-yamaha-products-help-solutions-fixes.13276/
Complaint here: I developed a scraping/grinding sound in my PW-SE over a month ago. The dealer agrees that it definitely doesn't sound right. I have yet to receive any assistance from Yamaha. They may have a 3 year warranty but good luck getting results on a claim.

It could be that your dealer has not established accurate contact with the Yamaha rep? Wrong email or new rep etc? Please let us know how your saga ends.

I think we each have a few priorities. A few hours ago i did 20 min. on a Giant 2020 and the 27.5x2.6 looked huge.
For me wide rims are valuable. The 2019 Giant are all sold and i have not seen anything attracting in the
2019 Haibike available in my size. I would buy either brand they do not have major improvements year to year just
small ones. In january a container is expected so with the cold here i might find what i want in a few months.
Happy shopping.

I'd bet my bottom dollar they'll make it right. Yamaha makes fantastic products in all kinds of fields. Your dealer will make it happen for you.
We have a huge Yamaha facility here locally, some kind of development and/or distribution center - Cerritos or Cypress CA
Their outboards, motorcycles, and jetskis (waverunner) are the tops in their market. Some of the best you can get.

Back in the 80's they even made fiberglass racing sailboats. And then there's all those musical instruments. I have total and complete faith in them as a corporation. Keep your channels open and you'll get satisfaction.

Back