Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

Thank you very much RMK, And thank you very much for that the information there. Yeah. I hope we will hear from Terry777. It be interesting to hear from anyone in the uk who has one of these ebikes. In the uk we have are speed set up to 15.5mph so I think peddle assistances set to one or two would be okay for that speed. Just a shame there’s no clips of these bikes on YouTube with long trips. But your info has helped out and may have rested my mind a bit on distance.
The bike it 100% illegal on UK roads though look at all the deliveroo, Uber eats and just eat ebike riders zoom past well over 15mph without peddling and the police don’t care.

I am in the UK and still waiting for my bike as it has been sitting in Felixstowe since the 25th of September after clearing customs waiting for it to be picked up to be delivered. I have asked Leilie to check up on it and I am awaiting a reply.

The bike it 100% illegal on UK roads though look at all the deliveroo, Uber eats and just eat ebike riders zoom past well over 15mph without peddling and the police don’t care.

I am in the UK and still waiting for my bike as it has been sitting in Felixstowe since the 25th of September after clearing customs waiting for it to be picked up to be delivered. I have asked Leilie to check up on it and I am awaiting a reply.
Hi Vewlix. Oh yeah. I know unless you go on private land or off roading. My experience with the ebike I have now. It can go over the legal limit but I just keep it in the legal limit of the speed and carefully riding. No trouble at all.

I hope you get your bike soon and enjoy it.

One of the reasons I was asking about the speed settings on the new CanBuss Ultra motor models is compliance. If you remove the throttle (easy to do) and set your max speed to the applicable limit, you would be able to ride just about anywhere that any ebike is allowed to ride. There are some additional nit picky issues but basically no throttle and speed limited is all you need. I have stickers that allow me to label my bikes to be compliant in any situation. It may not be a good long term strategy but it is one that works now ... :)

RMK

I forgot to ask what the area is like in your area you live. Is it flat. Hilly or steep hills? Just to help me out distance question really.

I wanted to share a brief (2 min.) video. It was worth the wait and I'm really enjoying the bike. I still have a brake sensor issue, but it's not affecting my ability to ride.

I wanted to share a brief (2 min.) video. It was worth the wait and I'm really enjoying the bike. I still have a brake sensor issue, but it's not affecting my ability to ride.
Great clip BG4166. Thank you for sharing

RMK

I forgot to ask what the area is like in your area you live. Is it flat. Hilly or steep hills? Just to help me out distance question really.
It is moderately hilly. On my 50 mile rides I climb 2500-3200 feet total (I have an app on my phone that records all ride info including elevation. 40 miles is an easy get with the dual batteries even with some hill climbing. Lower levels of assist, maintaining pedaling effort and shifting gears when appropriate is the best way to get more miles out of a fully charged ebike.

BTW, I ordered a 3rd battery along with the Rohloff 14 IGH on my MD 1000. The extra battery was only $270 and will be shipped with the bike so no additional shipping charges. The extra battery is the best way to combat range anxiety ...

Last edited:
It is moderately hilly. On my 50 mile rides I climb 2500-3200 feet total (I have an app on my phone that records all ride into including elevation). 40 miles is an easy get with the dual batteries even with some hill climbing. Lower levels of assist, maintaining pedaling effort and shifting gears when appropriate is the best way to get more miles out of a fully charged ebike.
Thank you for those extra details RMK

Hi Vewlix. Oh yeah. I know unless you go on private land or off roading. My experience with the ebike I have now. It can go over the legal limit but I just keep it in the legal limit of the speed and carefully riding. No trouble at all.

I hope you get your bike soon and enjoy it.
If you are ordering soon I would advise you to ask for air shipping if you are in a hurry to receive the bike.

From reading online the problem is Felixstowe port is in chaos and making it worse is the bike is sent LCL (less than container load) so when it arrives at the port and passes customs it is taken offsite and emptied onto delivery lorries.

This process is already running longer than normal but the major problem is it is done off-site and the empty container returned to the port but now Felixstowe port is not accepting any empty containers as they have run out of space. The only option for the shippers is to return the empty containers via other ports which is a huge extra cost and takes time.

Also the lorry drivers need an extra certification to transport ebikes due to batteries which further reduces the limited pool and adds on another delay.

I just cancelled my MD 1000 order. Apparently the CANBuss controller on the new Bafang Ultra motors is speed limited to 20mph. The ability to unlock the controller or at minimum, set it up as unlocked from the factory was important for me. While that limitation might help sales in the European markets, it will greatly reduce interest in the US IMHO.

Oh well, maybe a Sondors Rockstar will be heading my way ... on second thought after browsing the Sondors forum thread ... no way. :)

Last edited:
I just cancelled my MD 1000 order. Apparently the CANBuss controller on the new Bafang Ultra motors is speed limited to 20mph. The ability to unlock the controller or at minimum, set it up as unlocked from the factory was important for me. While that limitation might help sales in the European markets, it will greatly reduce interest in the US IMHO.

Oh well, maybe a Sondors Rockstar will be heading my way ... on second thought after browsing the Sondors forum thread ... no way. :)
Sorry to hear that you cancelled your MD1000 RMK. Yes I had seen that mentioned on Bolton ebikes that they had changed the controller. I hope you fined something else to let loose and play on throw.

So you are saying that they wouldn't even lock it at 37mph/60kph like the last batch. What a disappointment. Following from my last contribution, I was thinking that this new position is soon going to kill the sale of ebikes. They are wallowing in the frenzied sales of ebikes at the moment; bragging that these are outselling all other EV's but if they continue to handicap the industry then they will certainly see a fall out.
A work around is probably not to far off.

20mph is just ridiculous, I wouldn’t have purchased the bike if they had made that fact clear.

Isn’t it possible to use the BESST tool with the github login on the Ultra as with that software you can change the top speed and wheel size?

So you are saying that they wouldn't even lock it at 37mph/60kph like the last batch. What a disappointment. Following from my last contribution, I was thinking that this new position is soon going to kill the sale of ebikes. They are wallowing in the frenzied sales of ebikes at the moment; bragging that these are outselling all other EV's but if they continue to handicap the industry then they will certainly see a fall out.
A work around is probably not to far off.
It's not what I am saying, it was direct from Yeili. They refunded me right away so no harm, no foul.
I found my new ebike yesterday. It's the Harley Davidson Serial 1. I got the top of the line model Rush/City Speed which has much to like about it including a $1000 Black Friday discount that ended last night hence my fast pull of the trigger. It is the quietest ebike ever and has a top assist speed of 28 and a realistic range of 50 miles so for me, it checks all the boxes. Well done Harley Davidson!

Attachments

• 20211129_092149_resized.jpg
    20211129_092149_resized.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 194
It's not what I am saying, it was direct from Yeili. They refunded me right away so no harm, no foul.
I found my new ebike yesterday. It's the Harley Davidson Serial 1. I got the top of the line model Rush/City Speed which has much to like about it including a $1000 Black Friday discount that ended last night hence my fast pull of the trigger. It is the quietest ebike ever and has a top assist speed of 28 and a realistic range of 50 miles so for me, it checks all the boxes. Well done Harley Davidson!
Great. I was reading about that bike only today. There is no way that Leili will customize individual bikes re. speed?

Yeah, it's an interesting bike and the Brose motor/Enviolo AUTOMATiQ Transmission with Belt drive is great shifting and incredibly quiet. It seems even quieter than an analog bike. Funny thing to praise, but the noise level of the Bafang Ultra was always annoying to me.

As for the Leili and the speed limitation, I was told that it could only be set to 25km/h. I think they meant 20 mph but I could not get a clear answer. I am not the least bit unhappy about the cancellation and they did promptly refund me. Moving on ... :)

Last edited:
Interesting that Bolton bikes just posted on YouTube that they have unlocked the bike from 20mph to 28mph from Bikonit.

Back